Honorable
Jun 26, 2012
Hi,

I want to buy a new PC, 'cause my old one is really disappointing :(
Here are the specs:

GPU: GIGABYTE GV-N570OC-13I
CPU: Intel Core i5 3550 up to 4x3,7GHz "Ivy-Bridge" + Boxed Cooler
Mainboard: GIGABYTE GA-H77-D3H
RAM: Corsair DIMM 8GB DDR3-1600 Kit (2x 4GB)
HDD: Seagate ST1000DM003 1000 GB
Power Supply: Cooler Master GX-750W
PC Case: Zalman Z11
Software: Windows 7 Home Premium
DVD: Samsung SH-222BB

But I'm not really sure with the Mobo and the PSU. What would you change?

Greetz,
Extendeddance :wahoo:

wonder44

Distinguished
Oct 27, 2010
If money is not an issue go for this motherboard.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16813131821

Other than that i would not change anything apart from the CPU cooler. Intels stock coolers are not so great. Go for the Antec Kuhler h2o 920 liquid.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16835209054

With my Q6600 at 3.4GHz temps are 35c idle, 58c full load. And my CPU is 65nm which generates more heat than a 22nm i5 like the one you want to purchase. So if you plan to overclock in the future this cooler will help with the temps very well.

Other than that, your setup will be very nice.

wonder44

Distinguished
Oct 27, 2010

LOL. you wrote in another post. Same answer. FUTURE PROOF. who knows, he or she may want to upgrade CPU in the future and do some overclocking. Or perhaps he or she may want to go with SLI or Xfire.

Ok he can upgrade the cpu with the mobo I suggested too, so I fail to see your point. Beyond Ivy Bridge will require a new socket and even my $50 H61 accepts Ivy Bridge cpu's.

Secondly, he never mentioned crossfire/SLI or overclocking, and even if he was I could recommend him a great board for $130, not $230.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16813157293

What's even funnier is you recommended the same Asrock mobo in another post.

wonder44

Distinguished
Oct 27, 2010

Im not trying to cause a forum war here, but people want the best bang for their buck. Im giving people the best options for their price range. If had 500 and wanted a new mobo i would go for something worth the money, future proof for upgrding CPU, and/or overclocking, and something which will be great with SLI. Im not suggesting he/she goes out and by's the most expensive component, im just saying get the best in your price range. But then again i cannot be to blaim as he/she has not provided a budget. So untill then i suggest that board. But if his/her budget is not highenough for the specs i suggest, then i will add some more options depending on price range and quality.

Extendeddance

Honorable
Jun 26, 2012
Ok, sorry. I forgot to mention that I don't want to overclock or something, so I'll go with a H77 Board.
I don't want to spend more than ~1050 € (Yes, I'm living in Germany :) )

But it would be nice, if you could suggest some H77 boards by Gigabyte or by ASrock. (But I prefer Gigabyte boards :) )
I want to get the best H77 Mainboard for my money, but it shouldn't be over 90€.

@wonder44 I'm a "he" :)

Im not trying to cause a forum war here, but people want the best bang for their buck. Im giving people the best options for their price range. If had 500 and wanted a new mobo i would go for something worth the money, future proof for upgrding CPU, and/or overclocking, and something which will be great with SLI. Im not suggesting he/she goes out and by's the most expensive component, im just saying get the best in your price range. But then again i cannot be to blaim as he/she has not provided a budget. So untill then i suggest that board. But if his/her budget is not highenough for the specs i suggest, then i will add some more options depending on price range and quality.

So if you had $500 you would spend $230 on the mobo for a single video card and $92 on water cooling for a non overclockable cpu?? LOL OK

Forum war? Your making ridiculous suggestions.....sigh

You don't seem to understand that he won't be able to upgrade the cpu cause the new Intel cpu's will require a new socket.......you also don't seem to understand he bought a non K cpu..................,so he won't be overclocking...........you also don't seem to understand you CAN overclock with a H77.......so your points are irrellevant and don't make any sense.

Wow, some people just don't get it.

Anyways, you'll be very happy with the H77, it'll do everything a much more expensive board will except allow multiple video cards.