370w graphics card

Hello again, i asked this question about 2 times and there were very nice replies and recommendations but i waited until the new Radeons were out, so here it is:
As the title suggest i would like to buy a graphics card but without changing my psu, i´m very short on money right now. Anyway, since i´m power limited i saw the new 7000 were far more efficient than the previous generations so i thanked AMD for bringing the opportunity. I was thinking of an AMD HD7750, since it´s quite good and uses low power. The rest of the system is:
AMD Phenom II x4 955 3.2ghz (no overclock)
4gb Kingston 1600mhz (running at 1333mhz)
My old HD4650
Trust psu 370w, 15amps on the +12v. (no problem with it even with the gpu overclocked)

Now, i saw reviews where the system was using about 250w with that card and i´m curious if the psu would handle it. I´m playing some games as a casual when i´m bored, i use this system more as video editing and Photoshop and i have a monitor with a max resolution of 1366x768 (18.5 inch)

Thanks in advance and have a great day!
3 answers Last reply
More about 370w graphics card
  1. What brand is the psu? If it's truely 370w then it will be more than enough.

15a on the 12v rail? Surely is has more than that.

My 380w Antec has 2 rails, one 17a and one 15a.
  2. geekapproved said:
    What brand is the psu? If it's truely 370w then it will be more than enough.

15a on the 12v rail? Surely is has more than that.

My 380w Antec has 2 rails, one 17a and one 15a.

It´s branded as Trust...
    http://www.trust.com/products/product.aspx?artnr=14886

I don´t know if it´s a true 370w psu, but like i said, i didn´t have any trouble with it at all.
  3. I wouldn't use that to power a pencil sharpener. They list no protections, no certifications or efficiency levels, no amperage ratings, nothing. All I can say is good luck.
Ask a new question

Read More

Graphics Cards Graphics