Sapphire RMA refuse to give me customer support number

bowen179

Honorable
Mar 27, 2012
A couple days ago I sent in a 6970 for an RMA as it was having 2d issues. I then received an email from them claiming that the video card was physically damaged and I asked to see pictures which they showed. The card looked like it was smashed in one side with a hammer and I told them I had proof that the card was in perfect condition when it was sent out and that it couldn't have been damaged during shipping as the shipping box was in perfect condition ( according to them) . Long story short I argued with them over email and asked for there customer support SIX times each time they sent me a response saying how it was my fault or they can't do anything. Can a company do this? Refuse to give there customer a customer support number? I feel like this is in some way illegal as emailing them is getting no where and I rather talk to a supervisor or manager but they keep refusing to give me there support number. I also checked sapphires website and oddly their is only a number for some hong kong office

ohshift

Distinguished
Jan 24, 2012

How do you know the box was in perfect condition?

Did you take pictures of the item before packaging?

Did you put any sort of shock strip in the box?

You may be going after UPS/Fedex (whoever you used for shipping). I know all packages are insured up to $100, unless you pay for higher insurance.

bowen179

Honorable
Mar 27, 2012

They took a picture of the box and emailed to me cause I asked for the condition of the box.

Yes i have pictures i took right before putting the item into the box.

The video card was covered in bubble wrap and "shock proof" as much as the box would allow ( due to box size restraints)

My question is however can they refuse to give me the number for their customer support?

ohshift

Distinguished
Jan 24, 2012

I am guessing, because they are claiming it is no longer a valid RMA, that you do not 'need' to talk to customer support. I would keep demanding to speak to customer support, however I do not really know what they could tell you if the card is beyond dead. I would begin the 'investigation' into Fedex/UPS, and see what they say.

NFPryor

Honorable
Mar 19, 2013
My personal experience with Sapphire has been to "NOT BUY SAPPHIRE" my last card had to be sent in 4 times before I got one that sort of worked and even then, it burned up in less than 6 months. (maybe not burned up but it just stopped and wouldn't post up anymore.)

2 of the cards were sent bad right off the bat. The 4th card was upgraded to a different model for my troubles but still went bad in 6 months. After that, I was unable to return it for a refund because the 2 year warranty was up from the original purchase date.

My advice is to go MSI or ASUS or some company that gives you a warranty based on the manufacturer dates. MSI does a 3 year from manufactured date and care less about when/where you bought it, plus, they have their customer support line available to call anytime.

Sapphire needs to go out of business if they wanna conduct business like they have been in my opinion.

This thread was found because I was currently trying to research someting on getting my 5970 from them replaced/repaired.