Hp pavilion dv6 not play flight sim x

Geraldc

Distinguished
Jan 28, 2012
Hello,
I have a new FSX it will not play on my Pavilion dv6 it will play other games or DVD. It will play on my HP G60 with out any problems. HP says it a disk writting error and MS says it is a hardware problem.

COLGeek

Cybernaut
Actually FSX is not that demanding. See below:

Windows XP SP2 / Windows Vista / Windows 7
Processor: 1.0 Ghz
RAM: Windows XP SP2 - 256MB, Windows Vista – 512MB
Hard Drive: 14GB
Video Card: 32MB DirectX 9 compatible
Other: DX9 hardware compatibility and audio board with speakers and/or headphones
Online/Multiplayer Requirements: 56.6 kbps or better for online play

Geraldc

Distinguished
Jan 28, 2012

No sorry I forgot to mention that. Message error was could not read disk after a few minutes

COLGeek

Cybernaut
This is regular retail disks, right?

MS is probably right then. Retail disks (unless damaged) are readable by just about any and all optical drives. That being the case, you have a couple options.

You could attach an external DVD drive to your computer and load that way. You don't need the install media after you fully install FSX.

You could also try to make a copy of the retail disks on other computer. Burn the copies at the lowest possible speed to maximize the likelihood that your laptop DVD drive will read the disks.

It is also a possibility that your optical drive is defective. A DVD-RW or a DVD-ROM actually uses 2 lasers of different wavelengths. One to read DVDs and one to read CDs. Have you experienced any issues reading either type of media?

If so, you try to clean the drive (using a commercial cleaning DVD that you can get at any electronics store, Walmart, Target, etc).

You can also replace the DVD drive in your system fairly easily and inexpensively.

Please clarify.