manojsharma

Honorable
Nov 1, 2012
hi friends,
2 days back i just applied new thermal paste (cooler master v1 thermal compound). since i didn't have isopropyl alcohol, i didn't cleaned the old paste and directly applied new thermal paste on the heatsink and then placed the heatsink on the processor. Well the things looked good but my processor has started working sluggish. the cpu temp is around 32 -43 C. is there any problem with the thermal paste or with the amd athlon II X4 635 processor? :(

Solution
I'd go buy some isopropyl alcohol for like $2-$3. Check to make sure the paste didn't get on the socket or mobo. Clean all the paste off( I use a coffee filter they're lint free) then apply some new paste( I just put a dot in the middle of the cpu a little smaller than a pea and just let the pressure of the heatsink spread it) and see if that helps.

strife_ff7

Distinguished
Jul 24, 2010
I'd go buy some isopropyl alcohol for like $2-$3. Check to make sure the paste didn't get on the socket or mobo. Clean all the paste off( I use a coffee filter they're lint free) then apply some new paste( I just put a dot in the middle of the cpu a little smaller than a pea and just let the pressure of the heatsink spread it) and see if that helps.

Solution

bretmh

Honorable
Nov 28, 2012

What properties makes isopropyl alcohol the best option for this?

sig.jpg