Where next? (lvl 26 Alliance PvP Ragnaros)

I've been doing quests in Ashenvale, Stonetalone Mountains and the Wetlands
for the past week and I got from lvl 18 to 26 but I'm almost sone with the
quests there and I was wondering where is the next place I can go questing
(at least till lvl 30 -32)? Please tell me a place that is not a total war
zone like Ashenvale :)

"Korisnik" <email@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> I've been doing quests in Ashenvale, Stonetalone Mountains and the
> Wetlands for the past week and I got from lvl 18 to 26 but I'm almost sone
> with the quests there and I was wondering where is the next place I can go
> questing (at least till lvl 30 -32)? Please tell me a place that is not a
> total war zone like Ashenvale :)

Duskwood maybe. But good luck, as we know, leveling got a bit harder on
PvP servers with the disHoner system. I don't think Duskwood is total war
but ganking was common when I was leveling there & that was before.

Bruin wrote:
> "Korisnik" <email@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> > I've been doing quests in Ashenvale, Stonetalone Mountains and the
> > Wetlands for the past week and I got from lvl 18 to 26 but I'm
almost sone
> > with the quests there and I was wondering where is the next place I
can go
> > questing (at least till lvl 30 -32)? Please tell me a place that is
not a
> > total war zone like Ashenvale :)
> >

> Duskwood maybe. But good luck, as we know, leveling got a bit
harder on
> PvP servers with the disHoner system. I don't think Duskwood is
total war
> but ganking was common when I was leveling there & that was before.

As far as I know, Duskwood, Wetlands and Redridge are contested
territories in which the Horde has zero quest, zero NPC vendor and zero
flight path. So, apart from the very relatively rare gank, you should
be cozy there. Next stop for you is stranglethorn vale, shimmering
flats, and hillsbrad/alterac at 30.

"Babe Bridou" <babebridou@hotmail.com> wrote in message

> As far as I know, Duskwood, Wetlands and Redridge are contested
> territories in which the Horde has zero quest, zero NPC vendor and zero
> flight path. So, apart from the very relatively rare gank, you should
> be cozy there. Next stop for you is stranglethorn vale, shimmering
> flats, and hillsbrad/alterac at 30.

Darkshire gets raided pretty regularly, at least on Ner'zhul, and at least
since the Honor system went into effect. Any given night, I can walk into
there and see the bones littered around the pavement. However, if you go to
Raven Hill Cemetary, you have more than Horde to worry about. Someone else
mentioned Stitches, but there's also Mor'Ladim, a level 35 elite who prowls
the graveyard and has a rather large path to wander. He looks like the other
armored skellies in the area too, so you may not even notice him until he's
taken half your life with one or 2 hits. :p A lot of people say they don't
like Duskwood; for me, I think it's one of my favorite areas. I rather miss
not having any reason to be there anymore (except I still have my 'home' set
to it).

--
<><><><><><><><><><><><>
Apollorah, 33rd level Human Paladin, Ner'zhul

Babe Bridou wrote:
> Bruin wrote:
>
>>"Korisnik" <email@hotmail.com> wrote in message
>>
>>>I've been doing quests in Ashenvale, Stonetalone Mountains and the
>>>Wetlands for the past week and I got from lvl 18 to 26 but I'm
>
> almost sone
>
>>>with the quests there and I was wondering where is the next place I
>
> can go
>
>>>questing (at least till lvl 30 -32)? Please tell me a place that is
>
> not a
>
>>>total war zone like Ashenvale :)
>>>

>>Duskwood maybe. But good luck, as we know, leveling got a bit
>
> harder on
>
>>PvP servers with the disHoner system. I don't think Duskwood is
>
> total war
>
>>but ganking was common when I was leveling there & that was before.
>

> As far as I know, Duskwood, Wetlands and Redridge are contested
> territories in which the Horde has zero quest, zero NPC vendor and zero
> flight path. So, apart from the very relatively rare gank, you should
> be cozy there.

Unless you walk into stitches at lvl 26 :)

"Babe Bridou" <babebridou@hotmail.com> wrote in message

> Bruin wrote:
>> "Korisnik" <email@hotmail.com> wrote in message
>> > I've been doing quests in Ashenvale, Stonetalone Mountains and the
>> > Wetlands for the past week and I got from lvl 18 to 26 but I'm
> almost sone
>> > with the quests there and I was wondering where is the next place I
> can go
>> > questing (at least till lvl 30 -32)? Please tell me a place that is
> not a
>> > total war zone like Ashenvale :)
>> >

>> Duskwood maybe. But good luck, as we know, leveling got a bit
> harder on
>> PvP servers with the disHoner system. I don't think Duskwood is
> total war
>> but ganking was common when I was leveling there & that was before.
>
> As far as I know, Duskwood, Wetlands and Redridge are contested
> territories in which the Horde has zero quest, zero NPC vendor and zero
> flight path. So, apart from the very relatively rare gank, you should
> be cozy there. Next stop for you is stranglethorn vale, shimmering
> flats, and hillsbrad/alterac at 30.

Yea, before the disHonor System I was only ganked in Duskwood 2 or 3 times
an evening. Now days I hear, at least on my server, its the regular haunt
of 30-40s (with a sprinkling of much higher) trying to compete in the
disHonor system. Raids & regular groups all trying for points. As far as I
can tell this is common everywhere I go.

Guess the key is to find the spots where the odds are better that you won't
be point meat. This is why I suggested Duskwood.

I dread it when I hit 48 & become green to all above me. Unsure where
48-55s are leveling at. The game is just not the same game I signed up
for. =/
Yea I know, dump my characters, all my friends, all my bags, my 120g (not
bad for 35th level just selling fused wiring!) & start on a PvE server.
That is just not all that compelling. Other games call, & I know in
advance, good-bye, cya, hit-the-road, dont let the door hit ya... blah blah
blah... Seeing how I am paid till July I thought I might wait for Blizzard
to possibly fix the issues but I do not hold out much hope.

> my 120g (not bad for 35th level just selling fused wiring!)

Nice... These are the tips you should pass along to your buddies here.

Firian wrote:
> A lot of people say they don't like Duskwood; for me, I think it's
> one of my favorite areas. I rather miss not having any reason to be
> there anymore (except I still have my 'home' set to it).

There's a >40-level quest that pops up there, with a stub quest
leading to it from Stormwind that may or may not be optional.

Duskwood is so far my favorite zone. Not a fan at all of the perpetual
running back and forth between Raven Hill and Darkshire, of course
(it'd have been considerably easier without that enormous Twilight
Grove in between), which preplanning to do as many things in each area
at once only mitigates somewhat. (Although it doesn't seem so bad once
you discover the Booty Bay-Rebel Camp/Nesingwray's Expedition run.)
But the atmosphere is wonderful. And the no less than five minibosses
(counting Stitches) are each fun to do, have meaningful backstories,
and, with the exception of Stitches, aren't horribly overpowered for
players.

And of course, half the fun of battling Stitches is that he *is* so
horribly overpowered (I again bring up the 44 Priest who bragged about
how he'd knock its cap off, then five minutes later shouted that his
spells wee useless against it); there's a real sense of mounting
danger as NPCs and players struggle to keep the beastie from
overrunning Darkshire, with periodic status updates on creature's
ETA. I enjoyed posting

/1 "And if we don't stop it now, *millions* will die." -Action
movie voice

in such moments.

--
<URL:http://www.pobox.com/~ylee/> PERTH ----> *
Cpu(s): 8.3% us, 1.8% sy, 0.5% ni, 87.5% id, 1.8% wa, 0.1% hi, 0.0% si

Lehi wrote:
> > my 120g (not bad for 35th level just selling fused wiring!)
>
> Nice... These are the tips you should pass along to your buddies here.

I'm curious too. I know of two ways with get fused wiring with any
degree of frequency: 1) The harvest robots in Westwood (although okra,
hops, and flasks of oil drop more often than engineering components)
and 2) from used target dummies. What are other ways?

--
<URL:http://www.pobox.com/~ylee/> PERTH ----> *
Cpu(s): 8.4% us, 1.8% sy, 0.5% ni, 87.3% id, 1.8% wa, 0.1% hi, 0.0% si

Yeechang Lee wrote:
> I'm curious too. I know of two ways with get fused wiring with any
> degree of frequency: 1) The harvest robots in Westwood (although okra,
> hops, and flasks of oil drop more often than engineering components)
> and 2) from used target dummies. What are other ways?

I have NEVER seen fused wiring drop from ANY Westfall harvest
reaper. I gather that it can come out of destroyed target
dummies, and from a variety of mechanical devices. I've had
decent luck with drops from the Venture Co shredders in STV.
I also gather (but have not confirmed) that recently drop
percentages were modified so that target dummies have a
better chance now to produce than they did a couple months
ago when I made upwards of 40 dummies without getting a
single wiring.

--
Nathan Engle Computer Support, IUB Psych Dept
nengle@indiana.edu http://mypage.iu.edu/~nengle

"Nathan Engle" <nengle@indiana.edu> wrote in message
> Yeechang Lee wrote:
>> I'm curious too. I know of two ways with get fused wiring with any
>> degree of frequency: 1) The harvest robots in Westwood (although okra,
>> hops, and flasks of oil drop more often than engineering components)
>> and 2) from used target dummies. What are other ways?
>
> I have NEVER seen fused wiring drop from ANY Westfall harvest
> reaper. I gather that it can come out of destroyed target
> dummies, and from a variety of mechanical devices. I've had
> decent luck with drops from the Venture Co shredders in STV.
> I also gather (but have not confirmed) that recently drop
> percentages were modified so that target dummies have a
> better chance now to produce than they did a couple months
> ago when I made upwards of 40 dummies without getting a
> single wiring.
>
> --
> Nathan Engle Computer Support, IUB Psych Dept
> nengle@indiana.edu http://mypage.iu.edu/~nengle
> "Some Assembly Required"

Target dummies. Make a ton of them. Use them every chance you get.