How do you safely overclock a gtx 680

Status
Not open for further replies.

xGAM3Rxx

Honorable
Apr 17, 2012
I'll be honest... this is my first ever gaming rig (previous console gamer, I know I know :p), and I want to get the best out of my rig. But I REALLY don't want to fry my first ever gfx card. If anyone can explain how to overclock efficiently, and easily, you would be my hero! lol

My card is an EVGA SUPERCLOCKED gtx 680. I know the overclocking process is done in evga precision X. I would like to know what a gpu clock offset is, memory clock offset, and the power target. I would like to know what their purposes are. And of course I would also love to know how to overclock the card safely and efficiently.

Thanks in advance! Can't wait to start. :bounce:

Solution
The good thing is that Evga has decided to come out with the Precision X software so we can overclock the cards better. The Superclocked version from Evga has already been overclocked by Evga at the factory and by doing so has taken the need to go further not necessary. You will not gain enough performance to make it worth while going further. The stock clock is 1006 mhz and the superclock is 1058 and the superclock + is 1084 so which superclock did you get.
If you do decide that you want to go further with the clock then it's basicly doing an overclock like you would do with a cpu. The idea is to get a safe stable overclock and the way to do that is by small increments. You start by raising the clock by 5 mhz at a time with each...
The good thing is that Evga has decided to come out with the Precision X software so we can overclock the cards better. The Superclocked version from Evga has already been overclocked by Evga at the factory and by doing so has taken the need to go further not necessary. You will not gain enough performance to make it worth while going further. The stock clock is 1006 mhz and the superclock is 1058 and the superclock + is 1084 so which superclock did you get.
If you do decide that you want to go further with the clock then it's basicly doing an overclock like you would do with a cpu. The idea is to get a safe stable overclock and the way to do that is by small increments. You start by raising the clock by 5 mhz at a time with each increase checking that there are no artifacts and that it's stable when gaming and that the heat is controlled by the cooler. When you get to the point that you start to get artifacts and other issues with stability then you add a small amount of voltage to gain stability. Then you start again with increasing the clock untill it's not stable and add voltage. It is a slow tedious process and should not be rushed and you should not jump to a clock mhz because you heard that someone had clocked his card to that mhz and was stable.

Solution

xGAM3Rxx

Honorable
Apr 17, 2012

I got the 1058 version, and thanks man. It was actually alot easier than I expected!

Status
Not open for further replies.