Cybot77

Honorable
Nov 2, 2012
I have an old P4 computer that i wanted to upgrade the PSU on, when i bought a new PSU it didn't have a certain connector my old stock PSU had (the 4 pin connector that is very close to the processor)

So my few questions are these. Do P4 motherboards require a special 4 pin connector only found on certain PSU's? and if so, would there be an adapter i can use to turn another connector in to the P4 connector?

Is something like this what i may need?
http://www.altex.com/ATX-to-P4-Power-Adapter-FLT-3650-P142935.aspx

I may be answering my own questions here, but i just want to make sure before i buy any more stuff that turns out not to be compatible or even work.

Thanks for any info.

I'm sorry, I'm a little confused by your question. Are you referring to P4 as to the CPU you currently have? Or is this a brand-name of some sort?

Also, what PSU did you purchase and what are your system specs? I know some motherboards require 8-pin CPU connectors but can still run off of 4 pins.

Cybot77

Honorable
Nov 2, 2012
Edit: Nevermind guys, i made a stupid mistake. The PSU is working great, but my video is still not showing up when i plug my monitor in to the new video card.

I'm thinking it has to be a faulty PCI-E slot. Does anyone know how i can test my pci slot online some how? Everyone i know owns a laptop, so i cant test to see if its just a faulty video card.