Sign in with
Sign up | Sign in
Your question
Solved

PC building

Last response: in CPUs
Share
November 2, 2012 4:50:16 AM

Hello,
i/m planning to build a Gaming PC.
im running on very tight budget approx. 450$
I/m building it from scratch.
i've already selected i5-3570k procssor.
i really neeed your help in selecting motherboard (Should be economical) i was hoping of buying ASRock z77 pro 3 or pro 4 ( you can also suggest another one)
and RAM: G.Skill Ripjaws X 8 GB (4 GB x 2)
I mostly play FIFA (preferred) and NFS only ant planning to go for more games.
also suggest how much Watt will i require will 450W be enough?
Other parts like case and hard disk i already have them so i don't need to buy those parts.
please help.

More about : building

a b à CPUs
November 2, 2012 5:05:32 AM

an i5 3570k SHOULD NOT be what you are looking for at a $450 build. Thats half your budget GONE, and at this pricepoint, its definitely worthwhile to go the AMD route.
m
0
l
a c 188 à CPUs
November 2, 2012 5:10:07 AM

msi g43 atx mini is not a bad mb in the 100.00 price range. toms and other have done round up of 100.00 mb. with the 100.00 mb price point most will have one or two video slots and one or two other pci slots. with your build you can also save some money by buying a 35040 or non k chip and a g/b version of the z77 chipset. you wont be able to over clock any of the cpu but you can save some cash. the power supply wattage is going to be sized to the video card of the system. most video cards the 650/660 line and the 7770 line will run fine on a 600-650w ps if there a good name brand one like cosair. if you think your going to upgrade the video card to a 670 or newer card latter on then pick up a larger power supply. it the 12v line of the power supply that put under load with the cpu and video card. if the amp rating is to low on that line the pc can lock up..bsod..or just blank out. look at reviews of power supply some of them are just junk.
http://www.microcenter.com/product/400664/Core_i5_3470_...
m
0
l
Related resources
November 2, 2012 5:32:37 AM

JJ1217 said:
an i5 3570k SHOULD NOT be what you are looking for at a $450 build. Thats half your budget GONE, and at this pricepoint, its definitely worthwhile to go the AMD route.


Here in India the service of AMD is not good, thats why i was not going for AMD. And i'm not planning to buy graphic card at present (as i think I5 3570k can handle FIFA 13 on its own with medium quality)

any suggestions for motherboard and RAM?
what about Watts? is 450 enough?
m
0
l

Best solution

a c 109 à CPUs
November 2, 2012 5:32:43 AM

Here's a very modest ~$450 budget gaming rig.

PCPartPicker part list / Price breakdown by merchant / Benchmarks

CPU: Intel Pentium G850 2.9GHz Dual-Core Processor ($69.99 @ Newegg)
Motherboard: ASRock H77M Micro ATX LGA1155 Motherboard ($64.99 @ Newegg)
Memory: G.Skill Ripjaws Series 8GB (2 x 4GB) DDR3-1333 Memory ($36.99 @ Newegg)
Storage: Seagate Barracuda 1TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive ($69.99 @ NCIX US)
Video Card: MSI Radeon HD 7770 GHz Edition 1GB Video Card ($116.97 @ Newegg)
Case: Cooler Master Elite 430 ATX Mid Tower Case ($39.99 @ SuperBiiz)
Power Supply: Corsair Builder 430W 80 PLUS Certified ATX12V Power Supply ($34.99 @ Newegg)
Optical Drive: Lite-On iHAS124-04 DVD/CD Writer ($15.99 @ Newegg)
Total: $449.90
(Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available.)

You should scrap the idea of an i3/i5 with such a small budget. These Sandy/Ivy bridge based Pentiums are one heck of a gaming CPU for the amount of money they cost.
Share
November 2, 2012 6:03:30 AM

smorizio said:
msi g43 atx mini is not a bad mb in the 100.00 price range. toms and other have done round up of 100.00 mb. with the 100.00 mb price point most will have one or two video slots and one or two other pci slots. with your build you can also save some money by buying a 35040 or non k chip and a g/b version of the z77 chipset. you wont be able to over clock any of the cpu but you can save some cash. the power supply wattage is going to be sized to the video card of the system. most video cards the 650/660 line and the 7770 line will run fine on a 600-650w ps if there a good name brand one like cosair. if you think your going to upgrade the video card to a 670 or newer card latter on then pick up a larger power supply. it the 12v line of the power supply that put under load with the cpu and video card. if the amp rating is to low on that line the pc can lock up..bsod..or just blank out. look at reviews of power supply some of them are just junk.
http://www.microcenter.com/product/400664/Core_i5_3470_...


at present i'm not buying any video card (as i think i5 3750k can handle FIFA13 on its own for medium quality gaming), case, optical drive and storage.
so i can sped the money saved in these parts on CPU.

i also want to be future proof.

i can buy the vieo card after some time.
m
0
l
November 2, 2012 6:08:46 AM

mocchan said:
Here's a very modest ~$450 budget gaming rig.

PCPartPicker part list / Price breakdown by merchant / Benchmarks

CPU: Intel Pentium G850 2.9GHz Dual-Core Processor ($69.99 @ Newegg)
Motherboard: ASRock H77M Micro ATX LGA1155 Motherboard ($64.99 @ Newegg)
Memory: G.Skill Ripjaws Series 8GB (2 x 4GB) DDR3-1333 Memory ($36.99 @ Newegg)
Storage: Seagate Barracuda 1TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive ($69.99 @ NCIX US)
Video Card: MSI Radeon HD 7770 GHz Edition 1GB Video Card ($116.97 @ Newegg)
Case: Cooler Master Elite 430 ATX Mid Tower Case ($39.99 @ SuperBiiz)
Power Supply: Corsair Builder 430W 80 PLUS Certified ATX12V Power Supply ($34.99 @ Newegg)
Optical Drive: Lite-On iHAS124-04 DVD/CD Writer ($15.99 @ Newegg)
Total: $449.90
(Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available.)

You should scrap the idea of an i3/i5 with such a small budget. These Sandy/Ivy bridge based Pentiums are one heck of a gaming CPU for the amount of money they cost.


I'm not buying any video card, case, power supply, storage and optical drive as i already have those (except video card as i'm planning to buy this later after few months).

will power of 450 Watt be enough?

i have a budget of $450 for CPU, motherboard and Memory only.
m
0
l
November 2, 2012 9:54:28 PM

I've never been very good at figuring out how big of a powersupply to get but 450 watts seems low to me. Is the brand a good quality? This is even more important. There is no way I would want to game on intels integrated graphics, but that's just me. If you are planning on buying a vid card in the future then it's not a bad plan. You will end up having a solid base for your computer. The graphics card is always a lot easier to upgrade than a mobo/cpu
m
0
l
a b à CPUs
November 2, 2012 10:32:54 PM

Go with mocchans build but throw in the Phenom II x4 965 BE for like 25-30 bucks more.
m
0
l
November 3, 2012 7:40:18 AM

abCasPeRR said:
Go with mocchans build but throw in the Phenom II x4 965 BE for like 25-30 bucks more.


sorry but this processor is no longer available in india..
any other suggestions for mobo..
m
0
l
November 3, 2012 7:40:27 AM

Best answer selected by devsau.
m
0
l
!