Monitor stays off too long after boot

Status
Not open for further replies.

davpolitics

Honorable
Jun 26, 2012
This is a minor issue I'm having with a new-built PC and I can't seem to find a way to search this problem without coming up with a million google results about unrelated problems. So, here's the prob bob:

When I press the power button the monitor stays off. It stays off maybe 10-15 seconds then the green light comes on and the mobo startup menu appears. It then works like normal.

I'm wondering why there is the delay in the monitor starting up and how to get rid of the delay.

I also get a screen that comes up and has a bunch of computer jargon (at work not sitting in front of the PC sorry) with something about Smart PCIe 2 and device not found before it goes into startup. If that could also be removed then my computer would boot up quite quickly...

Here are my system specs:

Rosewill Xtreme Series RX750-S-B 750W PSU

AMD FX-6200 Zambezi Socket AM3+ 125W Six-Core Desktop Processor

ASRock 970DE3/U3S3 AM3+ AMD 770 SATA 6Gb/s USB 3.0 Motherboard

Seagate Barracuda ST1000DM003 1TB 7200 RPM SATA 6.0Gb/s HDD

Antec Nine Hundred Black Steel ATX Mid Tower Computer Case

GIGABYTE GV-N550WF2-1GI GeForce GTX 550 Ti (Fermi) 1GB 192-bit GDDR5 PCI Express 2.0 x16 HDCP Ready SLI Support

Patriot Signature 8GB (2 x 4GB) 240-Pin DDR3 SDRAM DDR3 1600 (PC3 12800) Desktop Memory

Hanns-G 23" Monitor (bought a long time ago but it works w/my other PC)

I'll try to post more info on the boot message when I get home tonight. Thanks for any help you can give.

Status
Not open for further replies.