Issues installing windows 7-64bit

tedmclean

Honorable
Jun 20, 2012
hello all,

Brand new computer, just built it out today. Ill list the specs below. I finally got everything up and running BIOS recognizes all my equipment which is great. however im attempting to install windows 7 through the dvd drive and for some reason right when it gets to the select language screen my keyboard and mouse both go dead.

The keyboard and mouse are both on and working in BIOS and before i get to the windows 7 set up. Any pointers?

I am a recent convert from Mac due to wanting to get into more serious gaming… so go easy on me

its possibly the drivers on the keyboard your using that is not reacting very well with windows at setup. try using a different keyboard and see if the problem still exists after installation if possible. I also wonder how the mouse would work under bios

tedmclean

Honorable
Jun 20, 2012
i only have a mac keyboard, ill give that a shot, bot it seems even more unlikely. and to clarify, my mouse was not technically "working" in BIOS but rather the lights were on so i could tell it was being picked up by the computer. All lights on keyboard and mouse go off the second windows shows up on my screen