Sign in with
Your question

Computer freezes while gaming online or streaming video.

Last response: in Systems
June 27, 2012 3:33:10 AM

Hello, since about six months my computer is freezing randomly when I'm streaming videos or playing online games. It seems to only be happening under video/download task (it also happend if i'm downloading a large file while listening to music or playing a game).

When it freezes, it makes a strange buzzing sound , sometimes like extreme slow motion. So under these freezes my keyboard/mouse are locked too and it last for about 30 sec before the computer get back to normal state.

Since I first encounter this, i've changed my PSU and my graphic card, so they are not the problem... I've also ran memtest, prime95. checked the temperature and everything seems fine... :sweat: 
So if someone know how to solve this, I would be the happiest man ever.

My build:

Case: Antec DF-10
PSU: Corsair HX750
Ram: Patiot Sector 5 1600mhz 2x4gb
GPU: HIS 7970 iceq x2
CPU: i5-2500k
Motherboard: Asus P8P67 B3.0 revison
Wireless PCI adapter: D-Link DWA-552
HDD: 1 Tb (don't remember the brand)
SSD: Crucial m4 128gb (boot drive).
a c 136 B Homebuilt system
June 27, 2012 5:57:07 AM

most likely a software problem .

Try rolling back the graphics drivers as far as you can and installing the latest version available from AMD
m
l
June 27, 2012 10:30:32 PM

I've already tried that, I even reinstalled windows when I bought my SSD
m
l
Related resources
June 28, 2012 1:43:48 PM

try removing the dwa-552 , and play game offline.
I too have a problem with wireless nic cards, in my case as soon as i play youtube or game my network disconnects this is the case when i m connected to my graphic card, if connected to motherboard i can stream youtube and play games but with less speed. I have tried USB adapter too but no use.
So this is just a suggestion.
m
l
June 28, 2012 2:36:16 PM

Well it may be working but it doesn't solve the problem as I would be unable to play online and watch video without internet.
m
l
!