TottoHolm

Honorable
Jun 27, 2012
Hello. I'm putting together a computer which I intend to keep building on, but first I'm just going to build a structure up. SSD, maybe a bigger harddrive, better powersupply and motherboard, etc.

This is the components I've put together so far:

Motherboard:
MSI B75MA-P45, Socket-1155

Graphic card:
EVGA GeForce GTX 460 1GB PhysX CUDA

Harddrive:
Seagate Barracuda® 1TB

Prosessor:
Intel® Core i5-2380P Processor

RAM-supply:
Kingston DDR3 HyperX 1600MHz 8GB

Powersupply:
Cooler Master GX Lite 500W PSU

Case:
Cooler Master Elite 430

Will this surve it's main purpose?

TottoHolm

Honorable
Jun 27, 2012
I'm running on a tight budget, so upgrades in components will be hard. I saw that the HD 6870 were more expensive than the GTx 460 =/ You mean the prosessors purpose?

g-unit1111

Titan

Does that $900 include monitor/keyboard/mouse/OS or not?

If it doesn't get this:

PCPartPicker part list / Price breakdown by merchant / Benchmarks

CPU: Intel Core i5-3450S 2.8GHz Quad-Core Processor ($197.99 @ eCost)
Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-H77-DS3H ATX LGA1155 Motherboard ($99.99 @ Newegg)
Memory: Crucial 8GB (2 x 4GB) DDR3-1333 Memory ($44.99 @ Newegg)
Hard Drive: Western Digital Caviar Blue 1TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive ($87.99 @ SuperBiiz)
Video Card: Sapphire Radeon HD 7850 2GB Video Card ($239.99 @ Amazon)
Case: Cooler Master HAF 912 ATX Mid Tower Case ($49.99 @ SuperBiiz)
Power Supply: Corsair 650W ATX12V / EPS12V Power Supply ($69.99 @ Newegg)
Optical Drive: Lite-On iHAS124-04 DVD/CD Writer ($17.99 @ Newegg)
Total: $808.92
(Prices include shipping and discounts when available.)

TottoHolm

Honorable
Jun 27, 2012
All the components in the list that I wrote almost fit in to the budget, except the case. I was just wondering if the components would make a more or less okay gaming desktop? As said earlier, I will upgrade the components :) Do you think it will hold f.eks. Battlefield 3 with mid-quality without lag?

TottoHolm

Honorable
Jun 27, 2012

I have a monitor, keyboard, etc. I have the equipments to the computer :) And OS as well.

g-unit1111

Titan

No - that motherboard and CPU will be a bottleneck, the PSU is crap, and that GPU is three generations old and a major power and resource hog compared to what's out now. I updated my previous post with a build - check it out. That build has a much better CPU, PSU, HD, and especially GPU. You can even add an SSD and still come in under budget.

TottoHolm

Honorable
Jun 27, 2012

Damn! Thanks! Appreciate it :D Thanks alot for the support, guys. I'm a total noob when it comes to building a computer. I'm from Norway and tried to build a computer on a norwegian site, and the components I came up with was from that site... They completely give a *** when it comes to people who ain't to good with computers. I took a look at the motherboard, and even I who is a complete idiot when it comes to components, understood that the motherboard (And many of the other components) is crap! And they charge prices like the parts was new... -.-'

Well, enough of my chatter, thanks alot again! You guys are geniouses!

g-unit1111

Titan

Yeah it helps to know where you're from. :lol:

But anything you can find on Newegg you can find on any site that sells PC parts - that should come in at your budget.

TottoHolm

Honorable
Jun 27, 2012

Guess what, where I come from actually DO have a meaning...Newegg and Ecost don't ship to Norway -.-'

g-unit1111

Titan

Yeah that's what I meant - if there's a store that you buy from in Norway that helps to be able to configure pricing. But whatever is on Newegg you can definitely find on any site that sells PC parts, but the currency is where it gets tricky. At current conversion - 900.00 USD (US Dollar) = 5,411.23 NOK (Norwegian Krone).

TottoHolm

Honorable
Jun 27, 2012

I have tested out prices for the exact same components that you gave me on your list, but for some fu**** reason, Norway charge around $50 (for EVERY component) more than any other site. I can look on Ebay, Amazon, etc. but it will be ridiculous fees with shipping to Norway.

g-unit1111

Titan

Holy crap! I've never heard of shipping charges that outrageous before, is that due to the taxes or something else?

TottoHolm

Honorable
Jun 27, 2012

No no, the norwegian sites that sells components charges 50$ more than Newegg, etc. For the SAME components. Maybe it's because Norway is greedy as f***, or that it costs so much for Intel, Seagate, etc. to ship to Norway, and then when Komplett (Complete in english) sells it to people, they need to charge extra so Intel (And so forth) do not lose any money to actually ship to Norway... (Sorry my bad english, tired after work) xD

Often, when I look for items at Ebay, people ships to worldwide, but not Norway. I don't know why. Maybe Toll Customs charge money for import. But 90% percent of items from Ebay shipped to Norway, it costs like 35$ to ship it.

g-unit1111

Titan

Yeah I've seen a lot of European system builders complain about how much shipping and importing to their countries is. I don't know if it's greed, taxes, or what but I definitely know what it's like to get hosed by shipping and import fees ordering parts from Japan, Germany, and Canada.

TRENDING THREADS