  • Desktops
  • Google
  • Windows XP
February 23, 2005 6:45:03 PM

I meant to set google shortcut icon but accidently set it as desktop item.I
now have a google uk image over my deskyop background squeezing all my
shortcut icons into a narrow strip left hand side of my screen,could anyone
advise me how to get rid.
Thanks in anticipation.

More about : desktop backgrounds

February 23, 2005 7:41:01 PM

Go to control panel and open Display.

Go to the Desktop tab and click Customise Desktop down the bottom.

Click on the Web tab and uncheck any ticked boxes there.

Hope that was your problem.

"baggiemart" wrote:

> I meant to set google shortcut icon but accidently set it as desktop item.I
> now have a google uk image over my deskyop background squeezing all my
> shortcut icons into a narrow strip left hand side of my screen,could anyone
> advise me how to get rid.
> Thanks in anticipation.
Anonymous
February 24, 2005 4:21:11 AM

Hi,

Right click on an empty area on the desktop and select properties. Flip to the desktop tab and click
on 'customize desktop'. Flip to the web tab and uncheck the Google item. I hope this helps.

--

Anando
Microsoft MVP- Windows Shell/User

Folder customizations