desktop backgrounds

I meant to set google shortcut icon but accidently set it as desktop item.I
now have a google uk image over my deskyop background squeezing all my
shortcut icons into a narrow strip left hand side of my screen,could anyone
advise me how to get rid.
Thanks in anticipation.
2 answers Last reply
More about desktop backgrounds

    Go to control panel and open Display.

    Go to the Desktop tab and click Customise Desktop down the bottom.

    Click on the Web tab and uncheck any ticked boxes there.

    Hope that was your problem.

    "baggiemart" wrote:

    > I meant to set google shortcut icon but accidently set it as desktop item.I
    > now have a google uk image over my deskyop background squeezing all my
    > shortcut icons into a narrow strip left hand side of my screen,could anyone
    > advise me how to get rid.
    > Thanks in anticipation.

    Hi,

    Right click on an empty area on the desktop and select properties. Flip to the desktop tab and click
    on 'customize desktop'. Flip to the web tab and uncheck the Google item. I hope this helps.

    --

    Anando
    Microsoft MVP- Windows Shell/User

    Folder customizations
    http://newdelhi.sancharnet.in/minku

    Protect your PC!
    http://www.microsoft.com/protect

    "baggiemart" <baggiemart@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    >I meant to set google shortcut icon but accidently set it as desktop item.I
    > now have a google uk image over my deskyop background squeezing all my
    > shortcut icons into a narrow strip left hand side of my screen,could anyone
    > advise me how to get rid.
    > Thanks in anticipation.

Configuration Desktops Google Windows XP