kieshon

Distinguished
Oct 25, 2010
So I just built a new computer and it isn't turning on. I have rules out that it is the power supply because the LED turns on when the power switch on the PSU is pushed to on. It was the first time turning it on and nothing happened. I also tried putting the connectors in deifferent way from the I/O panel to the MOBO than was stated in the manual to check and nothing still happened. I'm not to sure what to do and I need assistance. Please help. My spec are as follows if it helps:

MOBO: ASUS P8Z77-V LK MOBO
CPU: Intel Sandy Bridge i7 2600K quad core @ 3.4ghz
RAM: 2X4GB G.Skill Ripjaws
PSU: Corsair TX750 Enthusiast Series (750W)
HDD: 1TB Seagate Barrecuda
500GB Western Digital Intellipower
500GB Maxtor
Video Card: EVGA GeForce GTX 570
Case: Cooler Master Storm Trooper

kieshon

Distinguished
Oct 25, 2010
Alright, I checked the troubleshooting section and I checked everything, tried all of the methods and read over my manual to make sure and it still isn't turning on. What the heck is going on with my new computer dang-it! "sigh" This happens to much, spent so much money for broken... And I am in college so that money went no where... This is really bad.

kieshon

Distinguished
Oct 25, 2010
One quick question though, when I was installing everything in my case for the first time I was using a screwdriver that uses a magnet to hold the head in place. Would that have contributed to this issue at all?

kieshon

Distinguished
Oct 25, 2010
Alright, I took out my motherboard and de-attached everything from it and took everything off of it and re-installed everything. I checked for all cables and such and through the power on and pressed the Power button and nothing happened again.

kieshon

Distinguished
Oct 25, 2010
Okay, so I found out a new discovery. I hooked my PSU up to my old computer's motherboard and everything that was hooked up to it turned on. While that happened all of the fans which are hooked up to my new computer case turned on as well. I also hooked up the new computer case's power button connector to the old motherboard and when I pressed the power button on the new case everything hooked up on my old computer's motherboard turned on, like I said all of the new case's fans also turned on. All of this means that the PSU is working fine and the case connectors are in fact not damaged. This leaves me to believe that there is something wrong with the motherboard, CPU or possibly the RAM. Also the fans that were turned on that are in the new case, turned on because the PSU was hooked up to them so they turned on as well. That being said, the video card is also manually hooked up to the power supply and it didn't turn on but it is hooked up in the new motherboard which leaves me to believe that it didn't turn on because it is in the motherboard that is 1: not revieving any power at the moment, and 2: there is the possibility that the motherboard has a problem with itself. Please anyone leave there suggestions on next move, thoughts or ideas as I really need this computer for before my classes start next week.