Burnin' 80min/700MB CD-R

Stick_e_Mouse

Distinguished
Jun 28, 2001
If I remember right, Tom mentioned in his "Flask-Mpeg" guide that all CD-Burners support both 74min/650mb and 80min/700mb CD-Rs, while only some CD-Burners support higher capacity CD-Rs.
Well, I bought 2 different brands of 80min/700mb CD-Rs and my generic LG burner only recognizes it as 650mb. I tried both CD-Rs with both EZ CD Creator and CDRWin--all the same result.
So is Tom right or wrong? Do I need a better burner, different burning program, or maybe another CD-R brand?? Let me know what you think. And if anyone successfully accomplished what I am trying to do, let me know what your set-up is...aiight!! Thanks!!

<font color=blue>Your mouse moved. WINDOWS NT must restart for changes to take affect. Restart Now?[OK]</font color=blue>

ejsmith2

Distinguished
Feb 9, 2001
That's strange. Unless your burner is 3.5years old, those 80min cd's should show up. Now whether or not you'll be able to successfully burn them is another game.

Could be a firmware update away........

FatBurger

Illustrious
My parent's Dell has a LG/Goldstar in it, and I've used it lots of times with no problems.
I'd guess it's the CDs you're using.

-----------------
Whoever thinks up a good sig for me gets a prize :wink:

Stick_e_Mouse

Distinguished
Jun 28, 2001
What CD brands have you used with your parent's Dell???

<font color=blue>Your mouse moved. WINDOWS NT must restart for changes to take affect. Restart Now?[OK]</font color=blue>

FatBurger

Illustrious
Mr. Data :)
And...don't remember, sorry. Some Maxwell CD-RW's, I think.

I use my 12x Teac now, so it's been a while.

-----------------
Whoever thinks up a good sig for me gets a prize :wink:

Stick_e_Mouse

Distinguished
Jun 28, 2001
Damn! I don't feel like buying more CD-Rs...I got too many right now...
What burning program are you/your parents using that reads 700mb??

Does anyone else got any suggestions??

Stick_e_Mouse

Distinguished
Jun 28, 2001
Hmmmmm.....
Maybe I'll try my luck with Nero...

Stick_e_Mouse

Distinguished
Jun 28, 2001
Whoohoo!!
I finally got it to work with Nero!!! Damn! I wonder why I got rid of it the first time! And why ez creater and especially CDRwin won't recognize the 700mb cdr.