I have installed IIS on my cpu recently and according to a dreamweaver MX
tutorial, I am missing a "Default FTP Site" folder? This folder does not
show up in the Computer Management Tool. I am new to this and don't know if
I am supposed to have this or I have to create it? Any help is appreciated.
--
-B

UDHA

Distinguished
Jan 6, 2003

click start, go to run, and type inetmgr

go to the ftp and start it, I think by default it is stopped.

"mckean1976" wrote:

> I have installed IIS on my cpu recently and according to a dreamweaver MX
> tutorial, I am missing a "Default FTP Site" folder? This folder does not
> show up in the Computer Management Tool. I am new to this and don't know if
> I am supposed to have this or I have to create it? Any help is appreciated.
> --
> -B

this opens the "Internet Information Services" panel and this is where I do
not see the FTP folder/icon. Did I do something wrong during install?? Is
there something that I am missing. Could not find it even will all trees
expanded in the IIS control window.

"UDHA" wrote:

> click start, go to run, and type inetmgr
>
> go to the ftp and start it, I think by default it is stopped.
>
> "mckean1976" wrote:
>
> > I have installed IIS on my cpu recently and according to a dreamweaver MX
> > tutorial, I am missing a "Default FTP Site" folder? This folder does not
> > show up in the Computer Management Tool. I am new to this and don't know if
> > I am supposed to have this or I have to create it? Any help is appreciated.
> > --
> > -B

here is a screenshot of the Services tree fuly expanded.

http://www.legacyjewelers.com/IIS_screenshot.bmp

"mckean1976" wrote:

> this opens the "Internet Information Services" panel and this is where I do
> not see the FTP folder/icon. Did I do something wrong during install?? Is
> there something that I am missing. Could not find it even will all trees
> expanded in the IIS control window.
>
> "UDHA" wrote:
>
> > click start, go to run, and type inetmgr
> >
> > go to the ftp and start it, I think by default it is stopped.
> >
> > "mckean1976" wrote:
> >
> > > I have installed IIS on my cpu recently and according to a dreamweaver MX
> > > tutorial, I am missing a "Default FTP Site" folder? This folder does not
> > > show up in the Computer Management Tool. I am new to this and don't know if
> > > I am supposed to have this or I have to create it? Any help is appreciated.
> > > --
> > > -B

I figured out the problem on my own. There is a box during installation
labeled Details. After clicking different options appear. The ftp box was
unchecked. The world is not coming to an end. Just a simple case of user
error. Thanks.

At least I figured out that it was my own lack of knowledge.

"mckean1976" wrote:

> I have installed IIS on my cpu recently and according to a dreamweaver MX
> tutorial, I am missing a "Default FTP Site" folder? This folder does not
> show up in the Computer Management Tool. I am new to this and don't know if
> I am supposed to have this or I have to create it? Any help is appreciated.
> --
> -B

make sure the ftp component is installed
ckean1976 wrote:
> here is a screenshot of the Services tree fuly expanded.
>
> http://www.legacyjewelers.com/IIS_screenshot.bmp
>

> "mckean1976" wrote:
>

>>this opens the "Internet Information Services" panel and this is where I do
>>not see the FTP folder/icon. Did I do something wrong during install?? Is
>>there something that I am missing. Could not find it even will all trees
>>expanded in the IIS control window.
>>
>>"UDHA" wrote:
>>

>>>click start, go to run, and type inetmgr
>>>
>>>go to the ftp and start it, I think by default it is stopped.

Thanks for the reply. I figured this out on my own two days before your
response. Thanks for the effort anyway.