Sign in with
Your question

Problems with Java/Flash Games Lagging

Last response: in Graphics & Displays
May 3, 2012 8:19:18 AM

I have a Samsung R730 laptop which recently busted (the HDD got corrupted). I managed to salvage the HDD by formatting it and have got it working again.

Since then I have had various problems with what I presume to be my graphics card. Originally I was getting flashing solid colour displays when trying to run full screen games, which I have now managed to fix by reinstalling my drivers.
Now I seem to be getting an insane amount of graphical lag whilst running fairly low end Java/Flash apps, including facebook games and runescape.

The laptop used to handle them perfectly before I wiped my HDD so I know this isn't a hardware problem. I have checked my device manager and have found no conflicts so it shouldn't be a driver problem.

I've tried different browsers including Chrome, Mozilla and IE. Downloaded the latest flash/Java platforms and have tweaked my graphics options to various settings, none of which seem to help at all.

As previous stated I have a Samsung R730
Windows 7 Home Prem x86
Intel Core i3 CPU M330 @ 2.13GHz
3GB Physical Ram
Intel R HD Graphics Core i3 (1.2GB Adapter RAM)

I know this isn't the best graphics chip in the world but it did run all of these apps perfectly before my reinstall so I'm almost certain this is a bios or software problem. The only other problem I could think of is a graphics driver error, but don't see why it wouldn't show in BIOS and affect other programs.

Also I can run much more demanding games perfectly with no graphical issues at all, ie Rift, LoL.
a b U Graphics card
May 3, 2012 8:36:30 AM

run some hardware tests

check all drivers are present

why are you using 32 bit os?

check you dont have dual gpu's (igp+dedicated)
Anonymous
a c 117 U Graphics card
May 3, 2012 8:46:31 AM

update your version of flash.
chrome uses its own self contained version but FF and IE on relies what version you downloaded.

some versions run great, others i have had problems; sometimes its hit or miss.
!