Sign in with
Sign up | Sign in
Your question
Solved

600$ gaming build help

Last response: in Systems
Share
June 27, 2012 7:53:04 AM

I'm looking to build a gaming PC for at most 600$ I'm supposed to get 120$ more but I can't wait anymore.
Now as I said my budget is 600$ and I want to be able to play most game at highs or maxed out (like a pc at this budget could handle that...) ex: Battlefield 3, Skyrim, Saints Row 3, Crysis 1 and/or 2.


I have a list of stuff but it goes over my budget :c I need help finding stuff that fits in my budget but still good enough to handle games.

SAMSUNG 22X DVD Burner SATA Model SH-222BB/BEBE - OEM - $14.99

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E168...


APEX SK-393-C Black Steel ATX Mid Tower Computer Case - $21.99

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E168...


SAPPHIRE 11188-22-20G Radeon HD 6950 2GB 256-bit GDDR5 PCI Express 2.1 x16 HDCP Ready CrossFireX Support Video Card (OC Edition) - $249.99 (used to be 200$ but went up now im sad :c)

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E168...


APEVIA ATX-CB700W 700W ATX12V / EPS12V SLI Ready CrossFire Ready Power Supply - OEM - $39.99

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E168...


Patriot Gamer 2 Series 4GB (2 x 2GB) 240-Pin DDR3 SDRAM DDR3 1333 (PC3 10666) Desktop Memory Model PGD34G1333ELK - $25.99

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E168...


BIOSTAR TZ77B LGA 1155 Intel Z77 HDMI SATA 6Gb/s USB 3.0 ATX Intel Motherboard with UEFI BIOS - $89.99

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E168...


Intel Core i5-2400 Sandy Bridge 3.1GHz (3.4GHz Turbo Boost) LGA 1155 95W Quad-Core Desktop Processor Intel HD Graphics 2000 - $189.99 (wanted the 2500k or 2500 but nope out of budget)
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E168...


Nope no hard drive... sorry cant find one...


If you'd like to help please leave a good enough build.

More about : 600 gaming build

June 27, 2012 8:28:57 AM

Don't buy the 6950 at that price it's not worth it it's a bad deal go with the R7850 or GTX570 for that price $249.99
MSI N570GTX Twin Frozr II GeForce GTX 570 (Fermi) 1280MB 320-bit GDDR5 PCI Express 2.0 x16 HDCP Ready SLI Support Video Card
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E168...


ASUS HD7850-DC2-2GD5 Radeon 2GB DDR5 VGA/DVI/HDMI/DisplayPort GPU Tweak Utilities PCI-Express 3.0 Graphics Card HD7850-DC2-2GD5
http://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=w...
$261.88
m
0
l
June 27, 2012 8:32:20 AM

The PSU you picked is a no go i will do a better build for you after i take a shower
m
0
l
Related resources
June 27, 2012 11:53:19 PM

So just the psu and the gpu are no goes?
m
0
l
June 28, 2012 6:09:30 AM

Yes sorry i fall asleep last night
m
0
l
June 28, 2012 6:20:37 AM

What about a hard drive? I'm still over my budget :c
m
0
l
June 28, 2012 6:46:05 AM

what is your budget 600 if so your not going to be able to play those games on ultra settings :( 
m
0
l
June 28, 2012 7:04:42 AM

Newegg: best I could do with stuff I would buy for myself:

Note use of combos:
1

Western Digital Caviar Blue WD5000AAKX 500GB 7200 RPM SATA 6.0Gb/s 3.5" Internal Hard Drive -Bare Drive
Item #: N82E16822136769
Return Policy: Standard Return Policy
-$10.00 Instant


$84.99
$74.99
1

HIS H687FN1GD Radeon HD 6870 1GB 256-bit GDDR5 PCI Express 2.1 x16 HDCP Ready CrossFireX Support Video Card
Item #: N82E16814161389
Return Policy: VGA Standard Return Policy
-$10.00 Instant
$10.00 Mail-in Rebate Card


$169.99
$159.99
1

AMD Gift - Dirt3 Game Coupon - OEM
Item #: N82E16800995114
Return Policy: Standard Return Policy
-$49.99 Saving


$49.99
$0.00
1

Patriot Gamer 2 Series 4GB (2 x 2GB) 240-Pin DDR3 SDRAM DDR3 1333 (PC3 10666) Desktop Memory Model PGD34G1333ELK
Item #: N82E16820220555
Return Policy: Memory Standard Return Policy


$25.99
1

ASRock B75 PRO3 LGA 1155 Intel B75 HDMI SATA 6Gb/s USB 3.0 ATX Intel Motherboard
Item #: N82E16813157314
Return Policy: Standard Return Policy


$79.99
1


Intel Core i5-2400 Sandy Bridge 3.1GHz (3.4GHz Turbo Boost) LGA 1155 95W Quad-Core Desktop Processor Intel HD Graphics 2000 ...
Item #: N82E16819115074
Return Policy: CPU Replacement Only Return Policy
SAMSUNG 22X DVD Burner SATA Model SH-222BB/BEBE - OEM
Item #: N82E16827151244
Return Policy: Standard Return Policy
-$11.00 Combo


$204.98
$193.98
1


Rosewill HIVE Series HIVE-650 650W Continuous @40°C, 80 PLUS BRONZE Certified, Modular Design, Single +12V Rail, ATX12V v2.31/EPS12V ...
Item #: N82E16817182132
Return Policy: Standard Return Policy
Rosewill CHALLENGER Black Gaming ATX Mid Tower Computer Case, comes with Three Fans-1x Front Blue LED 120mm Fan, 1x Top 140mm ...
Item #: N82E16811147153
Return Policy: Standard Return Policy
-$25.00 Instant
-$30.00 Combo


$159.98
$104.98
Subtotal: $639.92

I would save a bit more and try and get a gtx 480 @ 200 bucks if I could. That with the rest of the rig will play any game out a max with good FPS.


m
0
l
June 28, 2012 9:30:10 AM

That build doesn't include the OS, dvd burner, heatsink or monitor, or a case.
m
0
l
June 28, 2012 9:52:34 AM

if he needs os and monitor hes out of luck not possible on 600 budget period
m
0
l
June 28, 2012 9:54:46 AM

I can get him a $650 build with everything that will play games like MW3 on max settings and other games pretty high but he'd have to overclock all the time.
m
0
l
June 28, 2012 10:09:39 AM

thetechnoobguy said:
I can get him a $650 build with everything that will play games like MW3 on max settings and other games pretty high but he'd have to overclock all the time.
:o  where at
m
0
l
June 28, 2012 11:42:53 AM

I think your best bet is going with something like this comes out to roughly $612 it's the best i can do on your budget unless the other member can really get you something that can play those games on ultra settings with a OS,keyboard, mouse, aftermarket cooler and monitor elect which i seriously doubt is possible :??:  this is your best bet. MOBO: ASRock 970 EXTREME3
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E168...

CPU: AMD Phenom II X4 970
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E168...

RAM:Crucial Ballistix sport 8GB
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E168...

GPU:EVGA GeForce GTX 480 runs hot but is a great GPU
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E168...

HDD: 500 GB Hitachi Deskstar
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E168...

ODD: Samsung DVD Burner
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E168...

PSU:CORSAIR Builder Series CX600 V2 600W
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E168...

Case: NZXT Source 210
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E168...


It would probably also be a good idea to get some cheap but nice case fans later down the road too. A couple of these would probably do the trick (They also come with red or blue LEDs):
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E168...
m
0
l
June 28, 2012 1:48:28 PM

I'll get it later I'll edit this post I have to go to work soon.
m
0
l
June 28, 2012 7:04:19 PM

I'm sorry I should have stated this in OP, I do not need a OS. :p 
m
0
l
June 28, 2012 8:36:13 PM

thetechnoobguy said:
That build doesn't include the OS, dvd burner, heatsink or monitor, or a case.



It has DVD/CASE. Dont need a cpu cooler.

Most build here dont have monitor/OS as part of the build. If the OP states he needs those things he needs to keep on saving.
m
0
l
June 28, 2012 8:38:08 PM

Dassaric said:
I'm sorry I should have stated this in OP, I do not need a OS. :p 



monitor?
m
0
l
June 28, 2012 8:43:23 PM

bigcyco1 said:
I think your best bet is going with something like this comes out to roughly $612 it's the best i can do on your budget unless the other member can really get you something that can play those games on ultra settings with a OS,keyboard, mouse, aftermarket cooler and monitor elect which i seriously doubt is possible :??:  this is your best bet. MOBO: ASRock 970 EXTREME3
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E168...

CPU: AMD Phenom II X4 970
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E168...

RAM:Crucial Ballistix sport 8GB
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E168...

GPU:EVGA GeForce GTX 480 runs hot but is a great GPU
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E168...

HDD: 500 GB Hitachi Deskstar
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E168...

ODD: Samsung DVD Burner
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E168...

PSU:CORSAIR Builder Series CX600 V2 600W
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E168...

Case: NZXT Source 210
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E168...


It would probably also be a good idea to get some cheap but nice case fans later down the road too. A couple of these would probably do the trick (They also come with red or blue LEDs):
http://www.newegg.co...N82E16835103090



Out of the Box!

I like this overall, but the OP should be aware that the upgrade path does not look too hot for AMD right now. In game tho that 480 will make it feel like a camp of a build. I wounder if an i3 build would be a better option.
m
0
l
June 29, 2012 3:37:13 AM

loops said:
monitor?


No not a monitor either, but I'm getting 120$ what you think I might be able to get? total 720$ but remember, about 30$ is going towards shipping.
m
0
l
June 29, 2012 4:55:11 AM

1

Acer S220HQLAbd Black 21.5" 5ms LED Backlight Widescreen LCD Monitor
Item #: N82E16824009316
Return Policy: Monitor Standard Return Policy
-$60.00 Instant


$169.99
$109.99
1

XFX HD-687A-ZHFC Radeon HD 6870 1GB 256-bit GDDR5 PCI Express 2.1 x16 HDCP Ready CrossFireX Support Video Card
Item #: N82E16814150561
Return Policy: VGA Standard Return Policy
-$10.00 Instant
$20.00 Mail-in Rebate Card


$179.99
$169.99
1

Patriot Gamer 2 Series 4GB (2 x 2GB) 240-Pin DDR3 SDRAM DDR3 1333 (PC3 10666) Desktop Memory Model PGD34G1333ELK
Item #: N82E16820220555
Return Policy: Memory Standard Return Policy


$25.99
1


Rosewill HIVE Series HIVE-650 650W Continuous @40°C, 80 PLUS BRONZE Certified, Modular Design, Single +12V Rail, ATX12V v2.31/EPS12V ...
Item #: N82E16817182132
Return Policy: Standard Return Policy
Rosewill CHALLENGER Black Gaming ATX Mid Tower Computer Case, comes with Three Fans-1x Front Blue LED 120mm Fan, 1x Top 140mm ...
Item #: N82E16811147153
Return Policy: Standard Return Policy
-$25.00 Instant
-$30.00 Combo


$159.98
$104.98
1


BIOSTAR TZ77B LGA 1155 Intel Z77 HDMI SATA 6Gb/s USB 3.0 ATX Intel Motherboard with UEFI BIOS
Item #: N82E16813138352
Return Policy: Standard Return Policy
Samsung by Seagate Spinpoint F3 HD502HJ/ST500DM005 500GB 7200 RPM SATA 3.0Gb/s 3.5" Internal Hard Drive -Bare Drive
Item #: N82E16822152181
Return Policy: Standard Return Policy
-$40.00 Instant
-$15.00 Combo


$199.98
$144.98
1


Intel Core i5-2400 Sandy Bridge 3.1GHz (3.4GHz Turbo Boost) LGA 1155 95W Quad-Core Desktop Processor Intel HD Graphics 2000 ...
Item #: N82E16819115074
Return Policy: CPU Replacement Only Return Policy
SAMSUNG 22X DVD Burner SATA Model SH-222BB/BEBE - OEM
Item #: N82E16827151244
Return Policy: Standard Return Policy
-$11.00 Combo


$204.98
$193.98
Subtotal: $749.91 Only the mobo has shipping.
m
0
l
June 29, 2012 5:36:58 AM

CPU & Optical Drive: $$223.98 - i5-2500K & Samsung (Better CPU can be overclocked as well.)
http://www.newegg.com/Product/ComboDealDetails.aspx?Ite...

Motherboard & HDD: $144.98 - Biostar TZ77B & Seagate Barracuda 500GB http://www.newegg.com/Product/ComboDealDetails.aspx?Ite...


Case & RAM: $$83.98- COOLER MASTER HAF 912 & Kingston HyperX Blu 4GB http://www.newegg.com/Product/ComboDealDetails.aspx?Ite...




PSU: $69.99 - CORSAIR Builder Series CX600 V2 600W http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E168...


GPU: $249.99 -MSI Twin Frozr II GeForce GTX 570
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E168...

Total (Excluding Rebates, Prmos): $773 USD
m
0
l

Best solution

June 29, 2012 10:30:06 AM
Share
June 29, 2012 2:38:23 PM

http://scr.hu/242/zvvlt
Total Price: $571.92
Sorry about using different parts then you're aimed at but I have reason. For the i3-2100, it uses a Lga 1155 Socket so when you want to upgrade you can put in an i7 and be Future-Proof if you need it. For the Radeon 7770 if it doesn't meet your needs it is a relatively cheap card that you can Crossfire later for $125. You can add a monitor when you get the $120.
m
0
l
June 29, 2012 9:09:48 PM

salime789 said:
http://scr.hu/242/zvvlt
Total Price: $571.92
Sorry about using different parts then you're aimed at but I have reason. For the i3-2100, it uses a Lga 1155 Socket so when you want to upgrade you can put in an i7 and be Future-Proof if you need it. For the Radeon 7770 if it doesn't meet your needs it is a relatively cheap card that you can Crossfire later for $125. You can add a monitor when you get the $120.


>.> Are you sure the total price is 571$???
m
0
l
June 30, 2012 7:22:18 PM

Best answer selected by dassaric.
m
0
l
!