paladin mount quest

> Is there one yet?

There are two. At level 40 the quest giver, just outside the trainer's room
in Stormwind Cathedral, tells you to speak with him again. When you accept
this then speak with him you have completed the quest. Voila. A horse in
your backpack.

At level 60, from which I am 2 levels away, a quest giver has you get him a
bunch of stuff, which would probably cost around 900g, and voila, a faster
horse in your backpack.

"Lehi" <right@behin.edu> wrote in message
> > Is there one yet?
>
> There are two. At level 40 the quest giver, just outside the trainer's
room
> in Stormwind Cathedral, tells you to speak with him again. When you
accept
> this then speak with him you have completed the quest. Voila. A horse in
> your backpack.
>
> At level 60, from which I am 2 levels away, a quest giver has you get him
> bunch of stuff, which would probably cost around 900g, and voila, a faster
> horse in your backpack.

still no proper quest for the level 40 one?

> still no proper quest for the level 40 one?

I don't believe so.

"Lehi" <right@behin.edu> wrote in

>> Is there one yet?
>
> There are two. At level 40 the quest giver, just outside the
> trainer's room in Stormwind Cathedral, tells you to speak with him
> again. When you accept this then speak with him you have completed
> the quest. Voila. A horse in your backpack.

Wait wait ... so all a level 40 paladin has to do to get his mount is talk
with an NPC, while other classes must grind out 90g? What?!

--
~ Cyde Weys ~

Nalybuites' nalyubuites
Aeria gloris, aeria gloris

On Wed, 4 May 2005 01:03:50 +0000 (UTC), Cyde Weys <cyde@umd.edu>
wrote:

>>> Is there one yet?
>>
>> There are two. At level 40 the quest giver, just outside the
>> trainer's room in Stormwind Cathedral, tells you to speak with him
>> again. When you accept this then speak with him you have completed
>> the quest. Voila. A horse in your backpack.
>
>Wait wait ... so all a level 40 paladin has to do to get his mount is talk
>with an NPC, while other classes must grind out 90g? What?!

Actually you have to talk to 2 NPCs.

Jack Hollis <xsleeper@aol.com> wrote in

> On Wed, 4 May 2005 01:03:50 +0000 (UTC), Cyde Weys <cyde@umd.edu>
> wrote:

>>Wait wait ... so all a level 40 paladin has to do to get his mount is
>>talk with an NPC, while other classes must grind out 90g? What?!
>
> Actually you have to talk to 2 NPCs.

Ohh okay, that makes it okay then.

--
~ Cyde Weys ~

Nalybuites' nalyubuites
Aeria gloris, aeria gloris

"Cyde Weys" <cyde@umd.edu> wrote in message
> Jack Hollis <xsleeper@aol.com> wrote in
>
>> On Wed, 4 May 2005 01:03:50 +0000 (UTC), Cyde Weys <cyde@umd.edu>
>> wrote:
>
>>>Wait wait ... so all a level 40 paladin has to do to get his mount is
>>>talk with an NPC, while other classes must grind out 90g? What?!
>>
>> Actually you have to talk to 2 NPCs.
>
> Ohh okay, that makes it okay then.

What about warlocks? I don't mind that paladins and
warlocks get mounts at 40, but I do wish I could do
some sort of quest to get my hands on that warlock
mount.

Agent of death riding a flaming-hooved charger, count
me in!!!!

Cyde Weys wrote:
> Wait wait ... so all a level 40 paladin has to do to get his mount is talk
> with an NPC, while other classes must grind out 90g? What?!

Paladins also pay a lot more along the way for training costs. Maybe
not quite 90g, but in the high 30s I was paying 1g50s-2gs per each new
spell level.

--
<URL:http://www.pobox.com/~ylee/> PERTH ----> *
Cpu(s): 9.0% us, 1.8% sy, 0.5% ni, 86.8% id, 1.8% wa, 0.1% hi, 0.0% si

> "Lehi" <right@behin.edu> wrote in
>
> >> Is there one yet?
> >
> > There are two. At level 40 the quest giver, just outside the
> > trainer's room in Stormwind Cathedral, tells you to speak with him
> > again. When you accept this then speak with him you have completed
> > the quest. Voila. A horse in your backpack.
>
> Wait wait ... so all a level 40 paladin has to do to get his mount is talk
> with an NPC, while other classes must grind out 90g? What?!

Everyone always forgets the warlocks... they get freebies too, for next to
no effort.

Plus, they get one of the coolest horses in the gameworld, and there's
nothing anyone else can do to get one.

Cyde Weys wrote:
> Jack Hollis wrote
> > Actually you have to talk to 2 NPCs.

> Ohh okay, that makes it okay then.

The upshot of the system is that it gives paladins the
opportunity (and, I would argue, the obligation) to be
generous with the earnings they pull in, and lend a hand
to others in their guilds who have to grind for cash.

Something that I haven't heard discussed here yet though
is what happens at 60 (which I hope to reach someday).
Do paladins pay for their epic at 60?

--
Nathan Engle Computer Support, IUB Psych Dept
nengle@indiana.edu http://mypage.iu.edu/~nengle

Mark Rimer wrote:
> "Cyde Weys" <cyde@umd.edu> wrote in message
>
>>Jack Hollis <xsleeper@aol.com> wrote in

>>>Actually you have to talk to 2 NPCs.
>>
>>Ohh okay, that makes it okay then.
>

> What about warlocks? I don't mind that paladins and
> warlocks get mounts at 40, but I do wish I could do
> some sort of quest to get my hands on that warlock
> mount.

Well as a hunter I'd rather receive the mount from talking to two NPC's,
so I can spend my gold on some good gear.

Azeus wrote:
> Well as a hunter I'd rather receive the mount from talking to two NPC's,
> so I can spend my gold on some good gear.

If you did get a horse for free then you'd have to put up
with incessant whining and envy, and if you took the entire
savings and spent them on yourself then people would say
(rightly in my opinion) that you were a selfish bastard.

If you get the windfall that's money for you to spend on
those around you, NOT on yourself.

On 2005-05-04 06:18:08 +0200, "Mark Rimer" <gone@not.there> said:

> What about warlocks? I don't mind that paladins and
> warlocks get mounts at 40, but I do wish I could do
> some sort of quest to get my hands on that warlock
> mount.
>
> Agent of death riding a flaming-hooved charger, count
> me in!!!!

Warlock mount quest at 40: Talk to Warlock trainer, he'll redirect you
to NPC in ratchet (for Hordies at least), talk to Ratchet NPC, check
your spellbook. Indeed, it doesn't even take a slot in the backpack as
it's summoned through a spell.

Dont know why they give this to warlocks, my guess would be that as a
lock you have to spend double money for training, as you have to buy
grimoires for your summoned pets as well.

The epic mount does have a quest though, collect lots of stuff, one of
the things you have to 'collect' is +/- 400g. The other things are also
quite hard to come by.

Nathan Engle left a note on my windscreen which said:

> Something that I haven't heard discussed here yet though
> is what happens at 60 (which I hope to reach someday).
> Do paladins pay for their epic at 60?

I am led to belive they do get it for 'free' via a quest. But that
quest has then collecting stuff worth several hundred gold so it's not
so free after all.
--
Stoneskin

My personal army of Sash Crackers on Sunstrider are...

Necrofear - lvl 49 Undead Priest
Jericho - lvl 19 Undead Mage
Jigen - lvl 12 Orc Rogue
Wartorn - lvl 11 Tauren Warrior
Relinquished - lvl 9 Undead Warlock
Nightmane - lvl 2 Tauren Druid

Nathan Engle wrote:
> Azeus wrote:
>
>> Well as a hunter I'd rather receive the mount from talking to two
>> NPC's, so I can spend my gold on some good gear.
>

> If you did get a horse for free then you'd have to put up
> with incessant whining and envy, and if you took the entire
> savings and spent them on yourself then people would say
> (rightly in my opinion) that you were a selfish bastard.

Well not everyone is proficient in making money.
The other day some lvl 36 asked me for 60s to learn a spell.

So if you're just broke at 40 and get a free mount, does that make you a
selfish bastard?

In article <Xns964BD6415B29D2galopagosterrapincy@128.8.10.18>,
Cyde Weys <cyde@umd.edu> wrote:

> "Lehi" <right@behin.edu> wrote in
>
> >> Is there one yet?
> >
> > There are two. At level 40 the quest giver, just outside the
> > trainer's room in Stormwind Cathedral, tells you to speak with him
> > again. When you accept this then speak with him you have completed
> > the quest. Voila. A horse in your backpack.
>
> Wait wait ... so all a level 40 paladin has to do to get his mount is talk
> with an NPC, while other classes must grind out 90g? What?!

It's a game-balancing concession to the fact that all paladins are
lame-lame-LAME!

;)

(Well, they *ARE* alliance, but they're even lamer than that...)

--
Nabuu, Tauren druid on Dethecus.
Also (rarely):