GTX 560 and Core 2 Duo 6850

Hi all. Does Core 2 Duo 6850 3,00 GHz will be bottlenecking Geforce GTX 560 in new games like Battlefield 3?
5 answers Last reply
More about core 6850
  1. Well, BF3 is pretty CPU intensive, and it draws from all the cores. I would, if you choose to use the Core 2 Duo, overclock it as high as possible to prevent bottlenecking (make sure you have sufficient cooling). If you are able to, try and get yourself a quad core CPU, you'll be much better off in games and most applications. Feel free to ask questions.
  2. To get your CPU to that high of OC'ing you will have to up the voltage and it will shorten you CPU's life. If the 560 is the non ti then it is possible but if you don't know what you are doing.

Well you could be without a PC. I would take my chances with a 6770 for sure that card will not bottleneck and even if you could get the 560 to work you still won't be able to play on high setting.

Plus have some type of good FPS with it. The Core 2 duo 6850 is one of the better CPUs but If it were a 4 core then there wouldn't any problem. Also do what mclovits has stated on cooling. Good luck to you
  3. What type of Core 2 Duo exactly?
    3.00GHz is already high for Core 2 Duo CPU if you ask me, do not push it too far.
    What about your monitor resolution?
  4. why dont you buy a core 2 quad cpu as well?
  5. mclovits said:
    Well, BF3 is pretty CPU intensive, and it draws from all the cores. I would, if you choose to use the Core 2 Duo, overclock it as high as possible to prevent bottlenecking (make sure you have sufficient cooling). If you are able to, try and get yourself a quad core CPU, you'll be much better off in games and most applications. Feel free to ask questions.

Hi, thanks for all answers. Firstly I never thought about buying a quad core cpu but this might be a good idea. Actually I haven't money on completly new platform( I mean new mobo plus new processor such as i5).

Quote:
    What type of Core 2 Duo exactly?

Core 2 Duo 6850
    Quote:
    What about your monitor resolution?

I am using 1680 x 1050.
    Quote:
    If the 560 is the non ti then it is possible but if you don't know what you are doing.

Yes, my 560 is non TI.

Quote:
    3.00GHz is already high for Core 2 Duo CPU if you ask me, do not push it too far.

I reached actually 3.5 GHz, i know that this is poor result but I have some problems with higher clock.

Quote:
    why dont you buy a core 2 quad cpu as well?

I haven't such idea. Which Core 2 quad would you recommend? I think about Core 2 Quad which would significant increase performence in comparison to E 6850.

I have some questions to all of you. Actually my mobo is ASUS P5N32E-SLI. Does anyone have knowledge about OC on this motherboard? I overclocked my E 6850 to 3.5 GHz and I cant set higher clock beacuse my PC dont start if I set so. Can someone give me advice how to change bios settings on this mobo?
    Does turning off antyaliasing in BF3 will relieve the CPU significantly?
Ask a new question

Read More

Graphics Cards Gtx Core Bottleneck Graphics