Sign in with
Your question

Computer fan vent filters

Last response: in CPUs
November 2, 2012 5:07:33 PM

currently building CPU Case. would like to have a washable inlet filter an screen aproxx 10" X 4" that would keep dirt out of the case
a b à CPUs
November 2, 2012 6:28:16 PM

I know this will sound awkward but this is a viable option that is essentially very cheap and easily cleanable or if you want just replace it. Try using cooking hood filters, you can cut it out and mount it in the part of the case you need it to go. May look ugly if it outside or doesn't match the colour scheme. Just for the record, that was not my idea, it was Brett928S2's idea. Read the link below if you want to read the thread where he made the idea.

http://www.tomshardware.com/forum/352057-28-tape-filter...
m
l
November 2, 2012 9:16:54 PM

I've heard you can use pantyhose
m
l
Related resources
a b à CPUs
November 2, 2012 9:17:30 PM

monkeymonk said:
I've heard you can use pantyhose

Your joking right? :lol: 
m
l
a c 101 à CPUs
November 2, 2012 9:21:33 PM

Panty hose, coffee filters, bounce sheets if you want to smell nice, unscented if you don't want a scent and helps with static :p  You can use lots of things.
m
l
November 2, 2012 9:25:33 PM

socialfox said:
Your joking right? :lol: 

No I said I've HEARD you could use them, I've never actually tried it myself haha.
m
l
a b à CPUs
November 2, 2012 9:28:21 PM

monkeymonk said:
No I said I've HEARD you could use them, I've never actually tried it myself haha.

Oh well, I would have loved to see someone do that. We need more comedians/jokers on these forums, never hurts to have sarcasm. :lol: 
m
l
!