nxf5025

Honorable
Aug 16, 2012
I'm building a new gaming PC and I am on a tight budget.

Here is what I am putting into it:
CPU: Intel Core i5-3570K 3.4GHz Quad-Core
CPU Cooler: Cooler Master Hyper 212 EVO 82.9 CFM Sleeve Bearing
Motherboard: ASRock Z77 Extreme4 ATX LGA1155
Memory: G.Skill Ripjaws Series 8GB (2 x 4GB) DDR3-1600
Storage: Samsung 830 Series 128GB 2.5" SSD
Video Card: Gigabyte Radeon HD 7870 2GB
Power Supply; Antec 650W ATX12V
Case: ?

All that is left is to pick out a case, but I want to make sure I buy a good one that won't cost me a lot. Shooting for under $75.00.

HAFSIX

Honorable
Oct 30, 2012
The first answer is your best ...I have used that case for years and more than one. Im actually typing this with one that has 50+ hrs of paint on it. And if you want a window for the side you can go to CMs web sight, most of there mid size tower sides are interchangeable so just get a HAF XM or what have you side for $10 and the case for $50 and you have a $60 modified case.

socialfox

Distinguished
To the OP, all the cases linked here are just as good. Some cases are better than others in terms of look , some may be better in airflow design. Either way it is just a matter of whatever strikes your fancy. I think all the cases that are linked are really good and will do a fantastic job of cooling your build.

+1 finally someone who actually knows what their talking about thanks :)

HAFSIX

Honorable
Oct 30, 2012
Im going to play the antagonist, because out of all the cases that were listed the 912 is cheapest, I know its got better air flow than most if not all mid towers. Its durable and replacement parts are cheep. Simple case with great wire hiding and all that to me makes it better than the rest. But I guess in the end it does come down to what you want to see on your desk every day.

socialfox

Distinguished

I guess this thread isn't too bad with opposing viewpoints. I remember last week where I was in this thread that compared three different CPUs and everyone went with one of the three and it was almost like it was divided up by 33% votes for each CPU. Must have been a real tough conclusion to draw from that for the OP :lol:

that happens almost every day to me in a thread about a video card though especially the 660/ 670/680 or 7870/7950/7970 those threads turn out the worse once everybody starts going at it i leave the thread if possible the red team usually starts it between those fights i noticed though

socialfox

Distinguished
Honestly for those types of threads I really want to urge the OP just to make a poll at the top, makes it much more easier to read without people arguing. Makes life much easier, people who don't want to comment can just vote. :lol:

Edit: wait is there even an option for a poll? Think I've seen it on 1 or 2 threads but haven't seen the option to make one in my old threads.