lxgoldsmith

Distinguished
Sep 25, 2012
I recently ordered all of the parts for my first pc build with the intent of having the fastest productivity pc in the family. I will be using gigabyte z77x d3h, 3570k, and hyper 212 evo. I just got the first shipment, and the i5 box says that altering frequency voids the warranty. My most important question is whether to overclock anyways, if so, in what way and how far to go?

I will be using cooler master's storm enforcer case with 2 extra blue sickle-flow fans, how should I assemble the cpu heatsink fans and case fans? 2 sickle-flow on the evo, or something else?

I tried the overclocking section, but nobody answered

Solution
Yes if you do mess up the overclock you are solely liable. Either way if you are cautious about overclocking by jumping by small gaps (100-150 mhz) and ensuring temperatures are below the max temperature your CPU should be just fine. Word of advice, be careful when adjusting CPU voltage you should only do real small increments. Just to signify the importance, ALWAYS keep an eye on temperatures and use prime 95 to ensure stability. There are better coolers than the hyper 212 evo if you really do value the CPU. Though you would want those high end air coolers like the Noctua DH-14 only when overclocking great amounts.

socialfox

Distinguished
Yes if you do mess up the overclock you are solely liable. Either way if you are cautious about overclocking by jumping by small gaps (100-150 mhz) and ensuring temperatures are below the max temperature your CPU should be just fine. Word of advice, be careful when adjusting CPU voltage you should only do real small increments. Just to signify the importance, ALWAYS keep an eye on temperatures and use prime 95 to ensure stability. There are better coolers than the hyper 212 evo if you really do value the CPU. Though you would want those high end air coolers like the Noctua DH-14 only when overclocking great amounts.

Solution