windows automatically resets my display settings....

When I boot up with high quality(32bit) color display, my screen goes black,
and my colors are reset to low quality(8bit). Is there something that I
forgot to do when installing, or can it be taken care of without
reinstallation?
2 answers Last reply
More about windows automatically resets display settings

    In news:DF70594F-6083-469D-BC8E-D6381B407555@microsoft.com,
    tarceneaux <tarceneaux@discussions.microsoft.com> had this to say:

    > When I boot up with high quality(32bit) color display, my screen goes
    > black, and my colors are reset to low quality(8bit). Is there
    > something that I forgot to do when installing, or can it be taken
    > care of without reinstallation?

    Update your video card drivers. If that doesn't work update the drivers for
    you monitor. One or both should do the trick for that.

    Galen

    mental exaltation." -- Sherlock Holmes

    Hi,

    Very common issue and post, especially with nVidia drivers. Check with
    their forums/faq's.

    --
    All the Best,
    Kelly (MS-MVP)

    Troubleshooting Windows XP
    http://www.kellys-korner-xp.com

    "tarceneaux" <tarceneaux@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > When I boot up with high quality(32bit) color display, my screen goes
    > black,
    > and my colors are reset to low quality(8bit). Is there something that I
    > forgot to do when installing, or can it be taken care of without
    > reinstallation?

Configuration Customization Microsoft Windows XP Displays