Sign-in / Sign-up
Your question

windows automatically resets my display settings....

Tags:
  • Configuration
  • Customization
  • Microsoft
  • Windows XP
  • Displays
February 24, 2005 12:53:02 AM

When I boot up with high quality(32bit) color display, my screen goes black,
and my colors are reset to low quality(8bit). Is there something that I
forgot to do when installing, or can it be taken care of without
reinstallation?

More about : windows automatically resets display settings

February 24, 2005 4:24:23 AM

In news:D F70594F-6083-469D-BC8E-D6381B407555@microsoft.com,
tarceneaux <tarceneaux@discussions.microsoft.com> had this to say:

> When I boot up with high quality(32bit) color display, my screen goes
> black, and my colors are reset to low quality(8bit). Is there
> something that I forgot to do when installing, or can it be taken
> care of without reinstallation?

Update your video card drivers. If that doesn't work update the drivers for
you monitor. One or both should do the trick for that.

Galen

mental exaltation." -- Sherlock Holmes
February 24, 2005 5:14:53 AM

Hi,

Very common issue and post, especially with nVidia drivers. Check with
their forums/faq's.

--
All the Best,
Kelly (MS-MVP)