Sign in with
Your question

My computer sometimes "black screen freezes" when playing graphically heavy game

Last response: in Components
November 2, 2012 8:41:11 PM

Hello, i have frequently had problems with my 1.5 year old PC. Up until now i have not had any of these problems, it have been able to run any game maxed out without freezing or crashing, but recently the screen turns black. When this happens i can hear the fans going up to max speed until i have force a shutdown.
Do anyone know what might be the problem or how i can fix this?
My specs are:
Power supply:
http://i.imgur.com/W9L4K.jpg
Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-2600 CPU @ 3.40GHz
RAM: 8gb
Motherboard:Gigabyte GA-PA65-UD3-B3
November 2, 2012 9:59:46 PM

What temps are you hitting on your CPU and GPU? If you haven't done a cleaning recently then try to do a quick cleaning with a can of compressed air.
November 2, 2012 10:21:51 PM

My computer used to do this. When it used to, it was due to an improper RAM stick.

What are the rest of your system specifications? As said above, check the temperatures of your system.
November 2, 2012 10:43:50 PM

Could be a heat issue, bad RAM or your VGA card is going out. Check your memory one at a time in different slots, and be sure all your vents are clear and clean. What is the Video card you are using? Most manufacturers have a program you can use to up your fan speed on your VGA card.
Related resources
!