Sign in with
Sign up | Sign in
Your question

Will these MOBO/CPU/RAM work together?

Last response: in Systems
Share
June 27, 2012 4:02:39 PM

Okay, I am currentlyl using a Althon x2 2.7ghz (5200+) and am looking to upgrade my processor, but if I do that, ill need new ram and mobo. I currently have a Antec 650w PSU, and an HD 5770 as well. I was wondering if these 3 products would all work together.

http://www.tigerdirect.com/applications/SearchTools/ite...

http://www.tigerdirect.com/applications/SearchTools/ite...

http://www.tigerdirect.com/applications/SearchTools/ite...



Help please? I am gonna buy these today if everything works out right.

More about : mobo cpu ram work

a b à CPUs
June 27, 2012 4:11:49 PM

If you're going to purchase new motherboard and CPU - the FX and 760 will not be wise choices, go with H77 - i3-2120 - 8GB RAM, it will be a bit more expensive but will be a far better system.
m
0
l
June 27, 2012 4:14:17 PM

Ughh see this is why I dont like these forums.. You ask a question, and someone tells you to get something else when that wasn't even part of the question. Yes I know those parts aren't the best, but I also have a budget, and my CPU is dead. So I need something now that I can afford. N
m
0
l
Related resources
June 27, 2012 4:18:45 PM

sch I understand but the forums doesn't want you to get 2 months ahead and be like *** screw them for not telling me what the good parts are. in the long run you will save money with intel and have a better upgrade path. you don't have to hate. <:D 
m
0
l
a b à CPUs
June 27, 2012 4:19:15 PM

schpen said:
Ughh see this is why I dont like these forums.. You ask a question, and someone tells you to get something else when that wasn't even part of the question. Yes I know those parts aren't the best, but I also have a budget, and my CPU is dead. So I need something now that I can afford. N


OK if you must go AMD this would be a better choice:

- Motherboard: http://www.tigerdirect.com/applications/SearchTools/ite...
- CPU: http://www.tigerdirect.com/applications/SearchTools/ite...
- RAM: http://www.tigerdirect.com/applications/SearchTools/ite...

That should come out to the same price. The 760 is an incredibly old, slow, and outdated chipset and it won't support the newer CPUs.
m
0
l
June 27, 2012 4:22:00 PM

I mean, im already on a dual core.. Dont really wanna go spending 300$ on just getting another dual core.. From what i've read, the 6100 scores better benchmarks then the 2120.. I just want something that wont have a problem running my 5770, because now, I bottleneck like crazy.
m
0
l
June 27, 2012 4:43:50 PM

g-unit1111 said:
OK if you must go AMD this would be a better choice:

- Motherboard: http://www.tigerdirect.com/applications/SearchTools/ite...
- CPU: http://www.tigerdirect.com/applications/SearchTools/ite...
- RAM: http://www.tigerdirect.com/applications/SearchTools/ite...

That should come out to the same price. The 760 is an incredibly old, slow, and outdated chipset and it won't support the newer CPUs.


okay thank you for your suggestions, I just have on question...

What does unbuffered ram mean? or Non-ECC
m
0
l
June 27, 2012 4:49:27 PM

Okay maybe I have two... whats better.. the 1045t, or the 965?
m
0
l
a b à CPUs
June 27, 2012 6:42:27 PM

schpen said:
Okay maybe I have two... whats better.. the 1045t, or the 965?


1045t = six core
965 = four core

Quote:
What does unbuffered ram mean? or Non-ECC


I'm not entirely sure - there's like 100,000 different RAM parameters - you may have to look that up on Google or Wikipedia.
m
0
l
June 27, 2012 6:50:00 PM

ECC is Error Correcting Code. It is no longer used as manufacturers figured that RAM failure will be less likely in the future. It was used in early DRAM, but is now discontinued.
m
0
l
June 27, 2012 7:01:01 PM

Okay, is there anyway you can offer maybe another mobo? I dont need two pci e slots.. and I really dont need 4 ram slots.. Something else that would go with that 1045t?
m
0
l
June 27, 2012 7:04:16 PM

all your PC components are 100% compatible, fx6100 AM3+ cpu compatible with 760g AM3+ socket and ddr3 1333
m
0
l
June 27, 2012 7:08:44 PM

oxford373 said:
all your PC components are 100% compatible, fx6100 AM3+ cpu compatible with 760g AM3+ socket and ddr3 1333

thank you
m
0
l
a b à CPUs
June 27, 2012 7:12:55 PM

schpen said:
Okay, is there anyway you can offer maybe another mobo? I dont need two pci e slots.. and I really dont need 4 ram slots.. Something else that would go with that 1045t?


I wouldn't recommend getting anything less than a 970 full ATX - you don't want to limit your expansion options. If you want something less expensive maybe try this: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E168...
m
0
l
June 27, 2012 7:32:14 PM

Hey, whats your budget? take a look at my signature builds, i am sure you will find one you like
m
0
l
June 27, 2012 9:01:05 PM

Well I have a visa gift card with $280.. thats my limit. all I need is cpu/mobo and like 4-8 gigs of ram.. Keep in mind, im on a dual core(AMD Athlon 64 X2 5200+ 2.7ghz). So any games like GTA 4, or BF3 i cannot play very well at all.. My 5770 shouldn't have a problem playing them.. but my dual core is holding me back.
m
0
l
June 27, 2012 9:30:33 PM

schpen said:
Well I have a visa gift card with $280.. thats my limit. all I need is cpu/mobo and like 4-8 gigs of ram.. Keep in mind, im on a dual core(AMD Athlon 64 X2 5200+ 2.7ghz). So any games like GTA 4, or BF3 i cannot play very well at all.. My 5770 shouldn't have a problem playing them.. but my dual core is holding me back.


Im still running an Athlon 64 X2 4000+ haha 2.1GHz
m
0
l
June 27, 2012 10:37:55 PM

schpen said:
Okay, so i've made up my mind, and these are what I got.. Total is $271..

http://www.tigerdirect.com/applications/SearchTools/ite...

http://www.tigerdirect.com/applications/SearchTools/ite...

http://www.tigerdirect.com/applications/SearchTools/ite...


This will all work, correct? I have a Antec 650w PSU


Eeeww...hell no, get this instead, you will get a lot more performance with THIS than with the crap you listed
total: 282.96$ i am sure you can get 2.96$ somewhere.
m
0
l
!