Sign in with
Your question

New Build Problem: No HDMI Audio

Last response: in Systems
June 27, 2012 4:27:13 PM

MOBO: Gigabyte Intel H77 LGA 1155 AMD CrossFireX DVI/HDMI Dual UEFI BIOS ATX Motherboard GA-H77-DS3H

PSU: Corsair Enthusiast Series 650-Watt 80 Plus Bronze Certified Power Supply Compatible with Intel Core i3, i5, i7 and AMD platforms - CMPSU-650TXV2

RAM: Corsair Vengeance Blue 8 GB (2X4 GB) PC3-12800 1600mHz DDR3 240-Pin SDRAM Dual Channel Memory Kit CMZ8GX3M2A1600C9B

CPU: Intel Core i5 3450 Processor 3.1 4 BX80637I53450

GPU: Sapphire Radeon HD 7870 GHZ OC 2 GB DDR5 HDMI/DVI-I/Dual Mini DP PCI-Express Graphics Card 11199-03-20G

Optical: Lite-On LightScribe 24X SATA DVD+/-RW Dual Layer Drive IHAS424-98 - Retail (Black)

HDD: Samsung Desktop Class Spinpoint F3 1 TB SATA 3.0 Gb-s 32 MB Cache 3.5-Inch Internal Bare-OEM Drives, HD103SJ

Rosewill CHALLENGER Black Gaming ATX Mid Tower Computer Case

TV/Monitor: Phillips 42 Inch (I think this model: http://reviews.walmart.com/1336/10965943/philips-42-cla...) got it a couple years ago.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I have plugged my new CPU (GPU slot) to my TV and a few different ports on the TV.

In my playback options, I have four:

1) Speakers (front jack, which I works as I have used it with my game chairs wireless speakers)

2)RealTek Audio (assuming the port on back)

3) RealTek HDMI (Integrated HDMI and have it disabled)

4) Digitial HDMI (Microsoft), I am assuming this is the graphics card port? Either way it says it is not plugged in when I enable it.

I have the latest AMD drivers and do not have any options on teh TV to limit HDMI sound. Not sure if I am missing something...
June 27, 2012 5:12:11 PM

the AMD Catalyst drivers are weird. you must have the monitor on and the PC's HDMI port selected when the PC boots, otherwise the AMD Catalyst center wont detect it and disables it.

Realtek HDMI should be enable not disabled.
m
l
June 27, 2012 5:23:40 PM

Thanks, I will try that when I get home.

So the integrated (Realtek) HDMI won't conflict? I kinda thoguht it might've been a conflict so I disabled it when I couldnt get it to work.
m
l
Related resources
June 27, 2012 7:47:05 PM

I had the TV on and the HDMI plugged into the graphics card and then started my machine.

It still didn't work. I opened up the Catalyst management program and didnt see anything about audio?

Any other suggestions?
m
l
June 27, 2012 7:52:19 PM

Control panel > sound > choose TV. does that work? I have to do that quite often on mine.
m
l
June 27, 2012 8:07:25 PM

Go into device manager and make sure the drivers for your card are ok. I remember when I put a GT 430 in my friend's PC and installed the drivers and everything and the HDMI audio still didn't play, I just happened to check device manager and there were yellow question marks on the devices that were disabled for some reason. So i updated them and all of the sudden the digital audio option popped up in control panel and all was well in the world.
m
l
June 28, 2012 3:23:57 PM

Tried both of these suggestions and neither worked. Really frustrating that I can't seem to figure it out.

Any further suggestions?
m
l
June 29, 2012 5:39:27 PM

Did you disable the onboard audio in the BIOS?
m
l
June 29, 2012 6:12:06 PM

Augray37 said:
Did you disable the onboard audio in the BIOS?

If he does that he won't get any sound at all. The GPU doesn't produce the sound its all done by the onboard sound (or add in card) the GPU only acts as a pass through device
m
l
July 4, 2012 9:55:50 PM

mouse24 said:
If he does that he won't get any sound at all. The GPU doesn't produce the sound its all done by the onboard sound (or add in card) the GPU only acts as a pass through device

Oh yeah.....that's true *sheepishly slinks away*
m
l
July 13, 2012 4:53:13 PM

*Update*
Still having this issue. I've tried a c ouple otehr things to no avail. I'm about to reformat to see if that helps. I can get audio out of the front port (and have used my game c hairs wireless audio, which has been nice), but still want it to come through TV for movies and stuff.

Before I do, I wanted to see if anyone had any other suggestions.
m
l
!