3820 or 3770k (gaming/streaming)

Mathwel

Honorable
Nov 2, 2012
Hi
first of all im asking this cuz those cpu's cost the same on my country ( literally the same )
same goes for the motherboards. ( Asus M/B Intel Rampage IV Formula x79 )
so my question is wich one is better for gaming streaming?
i was thinking about the 3820 just for the possibility of changing it later for an hexacore...
il like to know what u guys think :)
also the video card is an Sapphire 21197-00-40G, the memos a gskill ripjaws 2133 16gb.

well that is hope u guys can help me :D

Bye !!

Solution
Yes. The i7 3770k will give you slightly better performance but it is NOT something visible. You're talking about 1-2FPS increase in games and maybe 2-5 seconds rendering times.

Taking all that into consideration, the i7 3820 is a better value due to the sheer upgrade path of the X79 platform.

socialfox

Distinguished
Well are you willing to overclock? There is no point in getting the K series of Intel CPUs if you do not overclock it. Anyways I would go for the 3770k and get a real nice cooler on it like the Noctua DH-14 or if you are restricted on budget then the Hyper 212 works as well. You should overclock it and it will perform very nicely. Even if you do not overclock I will still go with the 3770k or maybe just downgrade to the normal 3770 (no k suffix).

Neither. The Intel Core i5 3570k will perform just as well for any gaming/streaming you will do. Live streaming game feed ultimately relies on your internet connection so it's not very CPU-bound.

However, if you are looking to do some very CPU-intensive work, I would highly recommend the i7 3820 if you are willing to spend a bit more money on the entire platform. This will give you ample upgrade room in the future (seeing as how LGA1155 is now 'dead').

Mathwel

Honorable
Nov 2, 2012
LGA1155 is kinda like dead?
i m getting one of this coolers corsair h80 or the h100 ( il be looking to oc later )
about the gaming/streaming i do some video editing.. mostly casual
as i said before they both cost the same where i live...

There is a new socket coming out next year which will make LGA1155 'obsolete' in a sense. No more new CPU's coming out for LGA1155 from this point (there may be some kind of i7 'refresh' later on, however, I'm sure it'll be a slight clock speed boost much like the i7 2700k's compared to the 2600k's. Exact same chip, just 1 multiplier higher on the 2700k).

My previous recommendation stays the same; i7-3820 if you're okay with the overall more expensive platform (this is NOT the same as the CPU alone). i7 3770k is top-of-the-line for Z77 while there's plenty of upgrade options if you choose the i7-3820.

Yes. The i7 3770k will give you slightly better performance but it is NOT something visible. You're talking about 1-2FPS increase in games and maybe 2-5 seconds rendering times.

Taking all that into consideration, the i7 3820 is a better value due to the sheer upgrade path of the X79 platform.

Solution