Sign in with
Your question

No Signal after installing XFX Amd Radeon HD 6770

Last response: in Graphics & Displays
May 3, 2012 6:51:06 PM

So I installed my XFX Amd Radeon HD 6770 and all I get is "no signal" on my monitor and my TV.
I tryed to disable the onboard graphics using the Award BIOS screen but it only gives me a choice of what port to load first and when I choose "PCI" and restart the PC I still get "no signal" i also disabled it in device manager in windows, another option I changed in the BIOS is the intergrated GPU the two options where "on" and "on only when there isn't another GPU" i chose the second one.
The PSU is high enough wattage, the 6 pin connector is fine and the GFX card is fitted fine.
please help me find and fix the problem so I can play some games.
May 3, 2012 6:53:05 PM

I'm using a standard VGA to a VGA - DVI-I adapter
May 3, 2012 6:57:43 PM

My monitor just VGA but my TV; VGA, HDMI R/G/B
Related resources
May 3, 2012 7:05:34 PM

I can't do this, the HDMI on the GFX card is a mini-HDMI and I do not have a cable/adapter to fit this.
May 3, 2012 7:09:05 PM

Quote:
Do you have a DVI>HDMI converter?

No I didn't know you could get DVI - Mini-HDMI
May 3, 2012 7:11:24 PM

I will look for it, meanwhile I will reset my CMOS just to see if it fixes anything
May 3, 2012 8:36:21 PM

Couldn't find the adapter and clearing the CMOS didn't work either... I'm coming to think it's defective.
May 4, 2012 12:11:33 PM

Cleared CMOS didn't do anything, but windows is picking it up, I installed the drivers.
I think my VGA adapter may be defective, so I'm going to pick another...

Anyone else got any ideas?
May 5, 2012 1:19:40 PM

I would thought a graphics card like that would use PCI Express which is the PEG setting in the CMOS.

Mine was. XFX HD6950 .
!