New Atmosphere for My Copmuter

t33lo

Distinguished
Jul 15, 2005
I just moved my computer into my dorm room today which is relatively warm. Anyways, the same overclocks that I had when my computer was in my bastement proves to be very hot in this new enviroment. Instead of (CPU load = 46*C Chipset = 50*C) I am now seeing (CPU = 49*C Chipset = 57*C). Is that very hot for the chipset? My 7800gtx also went up about 4*C. Should I lower the oc'ing of the cpu? I don't know if I can get better chipset cooling cuz of the stupid gtx that stands within 5mm from the chipset fan. Because of this, I guess watercooling the chipset is out of the question too.

<i>I pretend to know what I'm talking about.</i>

endyen

Splendid
57c is a little warm, for the chipset. See if taking the side off helps. If it does, you have too few fans blowing into the case.
Really, if those temps are correct (margin of error can be huge) you are still within safe limits.

pat

Expert
if it is stable, I wouldnt care.. The first move I'll do thou would be to make the in case air circulation better.

By rerouting the wire, adding better fans at better place would help. But those temperature are not on the critical side, don't worry.

(\__/)
(='.'=)
(")ώ(")