AMD RADEON 7850

Status
Not open for further replies.

babarv2

Honorable
May 3, 2012
HI guys just got the new AMD card 7850.. updated the drivers to 12.3 ... but there is a problem the screen flickering and the sometimes PC shuts off itself!
I think the problem is with the PSU its 550 watts Cooler master GX series...!!
Can anybody help? please... Thnx in advance :??:

Solution
12.3 and 12.4 dont work with one of my games(Forsaken World), and it still spews the occasional amd file error occasionally with the leaked 12.5 beta, just 90% less.

12.3 still flickered for me, no flickers in games unless its a weak game like FW that doesn't require enough power to force the card to stay 3d mode. though they all cause some odd texture flickering in FW.

Like I said you need to manually edit the profile to raise the idle clock speed, google it. My card was crashing with recovery errors over night, that and the flickering went away after setting min clock to 500 and min ram to 700.

TX650 (4 years powered on)
p67a ud3 with buggy outdated bios with no Ivy support since Giga decided the identical B3 board bios updates...

Dalamar6

Distinguished
Apr 11, 2012
It's not your PSU, I have a TX650, previous card used same watts as 7850, and I have seen others with this issue and have it myself, plus the rattling fan.
Is this a problem with the non ref Gigabyte 7850? I'm pretty pissed and this will likely be my last AMD/Gigabyte card.

Dalamar6

Distinguished
Apr 11, 2012
You stop the screen flicker and the card shut off by raising the minimum clock.
I still have a screen 1 sec black out issue, and the 12.5 leaked beta is still buggy (but at least usable for a change)

This will be my last amd card, this is a known issue for a long time with previous cards. Just like they've never properly supported OpenGL. F that.

babarv2

Honorable
May 3, 2012

YEah man all the games freeze and then crash to desktop without any error !!! they run fine for about 30 mins.. So i should wait for 12.5 drivers rite ??
what are ur specs btw!

Dalamar6

Distinguished
Apr 11, 2012
12.3 and 12.4 dont work with one of my games(Forsaken World), and it still spews the occasional amd file error occasionally with the leaked 12.5 beta, just 90% less.

12.3 still flickered for me, no flickers in games unless its a weak game like FW that doesn't require enough power to force the card to stay 3d mode. though they all cause some odd texture flickering in FW.

Like I said you need to manually edit the profile to raise the idle clock speed, google it. My card was crashing with recovery errors over night, that and the flickering went away after setting min clock to 500 and min ram to 700.

TX650 (4 years powered on)
p67a ud3 with buggy outdated bios with no Ivy support since Giga decided the identical B3 board bios updates shouldn't work on the recalled boards... hopefully the incoming rma is a B3 or board upgrade

Solution

babarv2

Honorable
May 3, 2012
so i should upgrade the drivers and raise the clock speed!
but what abt games crashing to desktop without any error after 2-3 seconds of freezing and black screening ........ ?? :-/

benzjie

Distinguished
Oct 26, 2009
i had this problem as well ( drives stoppeds responding, dxrenderer error , shut downs ) and i tried every trick in the book...clean install, driversweeper, older drivers, leaked drivers, re-install dx11 etc etc. The only thing that worked was an RMA. Spare yourself the time and frustration and get a replacement. Trust me. ( make sure the replacement has a different serial number) Once the 7850 works...it rocks!!

hybridevil1

Honorable
Apr 24, 2012
I have a HIS 7850 and my screen wont go full size even tho it says its in 1080... from what I saw, it only had one 6 pin connector... but the instructions says it has 2.. could these just be "generic" directions that they send out with most of their cards? this card is making me lose my mind like fo reals..

Dalamar6

Distinguished
Apr 11, 2012

Your problem is different.

I'm sure mine is a driver or BIOS issue related to the 2d/3d clock switching, because I have no issues in most games, and the monitor has never blacked out in a game - only with movies, or on desktop with a game in background utilizing 0-2%. Most issues were fixed by raising the 2d clock ...

7850 only draws 130 watts, and only has 1 connector AFAIK.

G

same here, while gaming i've got no problems. but when it switches to cut scenes - movies or scrolling web sites the screen is trembling - blinking.

Status
Not open for further replies.