How can i overclock my Processor

Mano aamer

Honorable
Nov 2, 2012
Hi guys . I have got a a problem . My processor is amd athlon 64 X2 dual core processor 4600+ 2.40 GHz .
and I have got HIS radeon HD 5770 GDDR5 and i have got 2 GB of ddr2 ram and i have got windows 8 professional built 9200 .
when i play games like Mafia 2 , Fifa 12 , Fifa 13 , call of duty black ops , NFS Shift , N.A Noire , NFS Hot pursuit , NFS The run and many other games on 800*600 and all the details are on low they work on 10-15 Frame and when i play them on 1920*1080 all maxed out the work on 10-15 frame as well .
and when i watch videos on youtube for gameplays for my Graphics card in the videos these games work on 30-45 frames with fraps .
i noted some thing :- i started the task manager and then i started one of these games and then i played for 5 minutes and then i saw the usage of my rams and the usage of my CPU . the usage of the ram were 85 % but the usage of the processor were 100 % so i think this error comes from my processor .

how can i fix this problem . and i tried to overclock my processor but i couldn't do that .

how can i overclock my CPU ?

please help me guys .

I AM SO SORRY FOR MY BAD ENGLISH IT IS NOT MY MAIN LANGUAGE :D and I AM SORRY FOR THIS TALL TOPIC :D

I would just recommend upgrading to a new motherboard/CPU combo right off the bat. There's too many things you need to consider when you're talking about overclocking.

What motherboard do you currently have? If you have a decent overclocking board, you may be able to squeeze a few hundred Mhz out of your CPU but I wouldn't take the chance.

cbag

Distinguished
Dec 11, 2011
drop the HTlink to 4:1 instead of 5:1
raise the FSB up a bit - not too much at first, just try 10 or 20 mhz
drop the ram divider so you don't go past the ram specs

UnlimitedBanana

Distinguished
Oct 1, 2011
I had an Athlon x2 64 6000+ before. I can tell you that at it's stock speed of 3Ghz, almost all games ran HORRIBLY. I couldn't get past 25FPS on BF3 with my HD6750, regardless of what settings I used, all the way from 640x480 @Low to 1440x900 @Ultra the FPS stayed consistent 30-35 in calm places and 15-20 in fights. Overclocking that god awful 4600+ won't get you anywhere, and it may even screw you over. Just spare up for a nice I3 or Phenom II x4 and a new Mobo and RAM and you'll be flying, and with a lot less headaches!

Yes exactlty. He is at the point that games are to advanced for his hardware. Like Bannana said In modern games he isn't going to be able to get decent FPS with that CPU even at really low settings. Also unlike todays CPU's the old Athlon 64's didn't have thermal shutdowns so IMO it's very easy to fry the CPU. If it get's to hot it won't shut down it will just fry.

UnlimitedBanana

Distinguished
Oct 1, 2011

My 6K+ has a Thermal Shutdown, I've set it to 80 just in case. It's only happened once, when I forgot to plug the fan into the motherboard though :)
Though the AM2 socket has ""Some"" potential in it, the Athlon x2 7750BE is a pretty good chip when paired with a decent heatsink, It won't be able to compare to a Phenom II but it might be able to go to Athlon II x2 levels.
~UnlimitedBanana

O, I had an Athlon 64 that I played around with and I had pretty much the same expierence as this video:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XrEaAMt9SnA

It didn't go into thermal shutdown it just fried. It kept getting hotter and hotter until it started to smoke from the top and underneath the chip. Both the CPU and motherboard were fried and unusable.

UnlimitedBanana

Distinguished
Oct 1, 2011

Damn, that's strange IMO :D Mine is still alive, somewhere here in a closet with it's Gigabyte GA-MA69G-S3H and ancient DDR2 RAM :)