asking a silly question about pc-pc or pc-hub network wire

Archived from groups: alt.comp.networking.connectivity (More info?)

Normally in office, I connect my pc to the hub by a pc-hub network wire;

But today I tried to connect them by a pc-pc wire, I thought it won't work
at all.

But to my surprise, I can still surf the net.

I'm confused with this.

Thank you.

BTW, what does adaptive mean? Someone told me that my hub is an adaptive
one.

Tom

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007
Archived from groups: alt.comp.networking.connectivity (More info?)

> Normally in office, I connect my pc to the hub by a pc-hub network wire;
>
> But today I tried to connect them by a pc-pc wire, I thought it won't work
> at all.
>
> But to my surprise, I can still surf the net.
>
> I'm confused with this.
>
> Thank you.
>

> BTW, what does adaptive mean? Someone told me that my hub is an adaptive
> one.

your hub is switching and so has changed the way it works to take into account the cross over cable

TRENDING THREADS