Need to find a UPS for CM GX 550w PSU

RatulV10

Honorable
Nov 3, 2012
Hello Friend's
I have just got CM GX 550w PSU for my system ( i5 2500K, GTX 560ti ), now I need a good ups for it, but the problem is that my computer is having power from a 800VA inverter , I don't know if that's capable for powering my system, if not then what ups should i get, i need suggestion on this......

abbadon_34

Distinguished
consider a the reliability of your power, how often do you shortages, surges, simple "flickers" . If not, you are good with the simple, cheap, consumer grade UPS that meet your power needs. If you have any power issues more than a few times a year, you'll need a higher end UPS, high consumber low pro. If you find yourself running off a generator be looking up. Also considering the shipping cost of most UPS (they have lead batteries) look for local deals.

edit: sorry, missed the inverter, can you be more specific?

RatulV10

Honorable
Nov 3, 2012
Thanks, And yes I sometime see 'flickers' on my screen, but that's not too frequent,

And about that inverter,,.... The computer is connected to a 800VA inverter, which gives backup for my pc,
but, sometimes(mostly when I'm gaming) when load-shedding happens my computer restarts.

abbadon_34

Distinguished
So you are describing your current UPS ? It's plugged into the wall right, not a car battery or generator? You might at something the APC 1200 . Plenty of power for your comp and comp related, just consider what you are putting on backup and what just surge protected. You don't need to install the software, but I'd say do it once, and it will be interesting to see the quality and consistancy of your electric power. I have the 1200 and 1300, both purchased in-store for about $130. If you see something similar, go for it.

P.S. Bought 3 $40 700VA UPS, each gave its life for the attatched computer of the course of a year or two. The 1200 and 1300 have been going strong for 8 and 6 respectively.