Sign in with
Your question

How much will it cost to build an xbox 360 desktop equivalent?

Last response: in Systems
June 27, 2012 8:51:49 PM

Obviously it would need tweaking such as more ram so it can run some certain pc games, but could anyone give me the specs/prices I would be looking at to build a computer that can run games at 60+ fps and look as good as the xbox 360?
June 27, 2012 11:54:15 PM

Just so you are aware, th 360 runs games at a 30 fps cap, if you want an equivalent to that it won't cost much, but if you want more than 60 fps at 1080p you'll be spending a good 7 - 800 dollars for a game like Call of duty, maybe less considering COD isn't very demanding, I just wanted to inform you, if you are aware of this, I'd be happy to help you out with the parts.
June 27, 2012 11:58:01 PM

The Xbox is 6 year old technology. Why on earth would you want a PC equivalent. If you want help in building a decent PC fill out the stickie at the top of the forum that shows you the format on how to ask for help.
Related resources
June 27, 2012 11:58:45 PM

$50 ?
June 28, 2012 12:45:14 AM

vrumor said:
The Xbox is 6 year old technology. Why on earth would you want a PC equivalent. If you want help in building a decent PC fill out the stickie at the top of the forum that shows you the format on how to ask for help.

I don't exactly have a ton of cash, the 360 runs even Battlefield 3 with nice graphics with a good frame rate. So I think I would be satisfied with a computer that can run games at those settings, with more ram and all.
June 28, 2012 12:46:00 AM

mclovits said:
Just so you are aware, th 360 runs games at a 30 fps cap, if you want an equivalent to that it won't cost much, but if you want more than 60 fps at 1080p you'll be spending a good 7 - 800 dollars for a game like Call of duty, maybe less considering COD isn't very demanding, I just wanted to inform you, if you are aware of this, I'd be happy to help you out with the parts.

I figured that the price would be around that, I would really appreciate any info you can give me.
June 28, 2012 12:53:30 AM

You realize that the reason the Xbox 360 still looks decent is due to proprietary hardware? Whereas PC game makers have to code games and take into account there are 100 million different combos of hardware available to PC users. Just to maximize their profits. Which is probably a little on the low side. To have those types of graphics in modern games you are gonna drop 800+ and even more if you dont have a monitor, OS, mouse, keyboard etc. As I stated before, fill out the sticky that will give us (the advice givers) the exact info we need to build a system for you. 2nd time ive said that. Just saying I dont have much money is not gonna get your issue much attention at all.
June 28, 2012 1:01:42 AM

vrumor said:
You realize that the reason the Xbox 360 still looks decent is due to proprietary hardware? Whereas PC game makers have to code games and take into account there are 100 million different combos of hardware available to PC users. Just to maximize their profits. Which is probably a little on the low side. To have those types of graphics in modern games you are gonna drop 800+ and even more if you dont have a monitor, OS, mouse, keyboard etc. As I stated before, fill out the sticky that will give us (the advice givers) the exact info we need to build a system for you. 2nd time ive said that. Just saying I dont have much money is not gonna get your issue much attention at all.

Alright sorry, I'm new to this. Thanks I'll do what you you said.
a c 136 B Homebuilt system
June 28, 2012 1:02:11 AM

a radeon 6770 graphics card is more powerful than the Xbox

a high end socket 1155 pentium processor
H77 mb
2 x2 gi of RAM

you should be able to do this for less than $500
June 28, 2012 1:06:17 AM

vrumor where exactly is the thing you told me to fill out? I'm new to this website as well.
June 28, 2012 1:07:12 AM

Outlander_04 said:
a radeon 6770 graphics card is more powerful than the Xbox

a high end socket 1155 pentium processor
H77 mb
2 x2 gi of RAM

you should be able to do this for less than $500

Are you sure? $500 dollars seems awfully cheap for a decent gaming PC.
June 28, 2012 1:21:45 AM

Kazzus said:
vrumor where exactly is the thing you told me to fill out? I'm new to this website as well.

Choose Forums; then Systems; then Homebuilt; then there is a stickied thread up at the top with a general format/guideline you can follow to post exactly what you're trying to portray here.

Good luck & I hope you get some good suggestions & are able to come to an end.
a c 136 B Homebuilt system
June 28, 2012 1:22:34 AM

Kazzus said:
Are you sure? $500 dollars seems awfully cheap for a decent gaming PC.

as already mentioned Xbox is older technology .

Crysis 2 is a good example . Originally for console , and when it was released for pc they added a high res and textures pack you could download . The pc graphics are MUCH better than an xbox IF YOU HAVE THE HARDWARE to run it at high settings

But your question was how much to make a pc thats better than an xbox . And I think it can be done for $500
June 28, 2012 1:23:33 AM

iendigma said:
Choose Forums; then Systems; then Homebuilt; then there is a stickied thread up at the top with a general format/guideline you can follow to post exactly what you're trying to portray here.

Good luck & I hope you get some good suggestions & are able to come to an end.

Thanks a bunch :) 
!