Desktop Standby stays lit, no boot, no POST

Another Builder

Honorable
Jun 27, 2012
Hello! I am a first time poster and first time builder. I properly installed the CPU, motherboard, CPU extra cooler, GPU, Optical Drive, SSD, HD and double checked all PSU connections. When I tried my first boot up, the motherboard started checking various parts of the system to make sure everything was working and a red LED, specifically the BOOT_DEVICE_LED stayed lit, which signaled an error. I found that the two Case CPU fans (one on top, one in the back top position) were not turning on when I powered up the computer, so I fixed the connection to the PSU and found I had to connect one into the motherboard, I got one of the fans to work and then tried to fiddle and get the other one to work.

Now, currently, no fans are turning on, the computer doesn't even begin to boot and the only thing that turns on is the Standby Light (Green LED) when I turn the PSU on. I removed the GPU, the optical drive, switched throw memory one at a time in the optimal slots to try to find a dud, and did all of the rest of the steps suggested by this forum. I looked around at various topics and I couldn't find one with the same issue as I have. What I think is that there may be a short somewhere because the PSU is obviously working, but the motherboard is connecting power throughout in order to initialize boot-up. I would think that at least the fans would turn on, but now nothing works. I'm going to try removing everything but the bare bones and try a POST boot that way, but I was wondering if anyone had any ideas. I don't really know much of anything about computers so I'm afraid I broke something when I was trying to get that last fan properly connected :(

Here are my specs:
Case: Cooler Master Storm Scout SGC-2000-KKN1-GP
Motherboard: Asus Sabertooth Z77 LGA 1155 Intel SATA 6Gb/s
CPU: Intel Core i5 Processor (LGA1155, i5-3570k)
Memory: Corsair Vengeance 16GB DDR3 Memory (4x4GB)
GPU: GeForce GTX 670
PSU: Corsair Professional Series HX750 - 750W
CPU Cooler: Coler Master Hyper 212 Plus
HD: Western Digital WD1002FAEX 1TB 7200RPM SATA
SSD: Mushkin Enhanced Chronos Deluxe 240GB
Optical Drive: Asus Blu-ray Drive SATA Model BC-12B1ST OEM

Thank you guys for your help! I definitely appreciate it and I'll post an update of what I'm trying and if anything improves... doubt anything could get worse haha

Another Builder

Honorable
Jun 27, 2012

Took it out, layed it on a static free protective cover, still nothing

Another Builder

Honorable
Jun 27, 2012
Update:
I have taken everything out of the case, except power supply in order to try and breadboard the motherboard (as suggested in another topic). I have everything disconnected from the motherboard except the PSU, CPU and boot wiring to the case. Still didn't boot, period.

I then tried a CMOS reset with the jumper on the motherboard, tried the suggested 5-10 seconds. Didn't work. Then tried a longer period of 15-20minutes as suggested by someone; still doesn't work.

Starting to think that the motherboard is malfunctioning somehow