alice

Distinguished
Feb 22, 2004

Hi all,
Would someone please tell me how to disable the DNS Cashe in XP Home SP2?

Thanks,
Alice

Alice,

You meant the "DNS Client" service. If so, follow these steps:

1. Type SERVICES.MSC in Start/Run.
2. Locate the DNS Client service from the list. Service name is "dnscache"
3. Set the startup type to disabled.

More Information about dnscache:

Service Name : dnscache
Display Name : DNS Client
Description : Resolves and caches Domain Name System (DNS) names for
this computer. If this service is stopped, this computer will not be able to
resolve DNS names and locate Active Directory domain controllers. If this
service is disabled, any services that explicitly depend on it will fail to
start.

--
Ramesh, Microsoft MVP
Windows XP Shell/User

"Alice" <alyce1949@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> Hi all,
> Would someone please tell me how to disable the DNS Cashe in XP Home SP2?
>
> Thanks,
> Alice

Welcome!