• Graphics Cards
  • Reviews
  • Power Supplies
  • Radeon
  • Graphics
  • Product
Last response: in Graphics & Displays
May 3, 2012 11:08:46 PM

I'm looking to upgrade to a Radeon HD 6770. I've been reading up on different reviews and heard a few references about power supplies. Will this graphics card upgrade require an additional upgrade? Where do I find the information to tell? Thanks!

More about : general graphics card question

a b U Graphics card
a b ) Power supply
May 3, 2012 11:18:35 PM

Open up the side of your computer tower. On the power suply will be a label similar to these.
http://www.google.com/search?q=power+supply+label&hl=en...

Post back what your power supply is and its wattage . Plus post your budget for the upgrade.
Then we can make reccomendations within your budget.
m
l
May 4, 2012 12:27:15 AM

model # PS-5301-08HA
Serial # 02545278
Watts = 300

If that card is too much for the power supply I currently have, I'll just get the best one it can handle. Budget is 100$

I'm upgrading to play diablo 3 so any card able to run the game will suffice. I don't need maxed out settings but that would be great :D  . Requirements for the game is a ATI Radeon™ X1950 Pro or better
m
l
Related resources
a b U Graphics card
a b ) Power supply
May 4, 2012 1:55:15 AM

Looks to be 19amps on the 12v rail.
To be safe I would reccomend the AMD 7750 less power draw and newer tech. But is about $10 dollars over budget.
m
l
May 4, 2012 3:41:00 PM

Looks like that will work. Seems to provide enough to run games at medium/high settings and low power supply. Great suggestion.

Is there any differences in brands at all? I see ASUS, diamond, saphire....I'm assuming they are all the same but wanted to check before I make the purchase.
m
l
!