1 Meg Missing

G

This doesnt really seem like a big deal to me, but Im still curious anyway. I just recently put together a new machine with two 256mb sticks of Corsaire pc2400 memory. As I was initially setting up windows I noticed that in system in the control panel that Windows said I had 512mb. However, somewhere in between several driver installations, this number dropped down to 511mb. My big question is where did this megabyte go? Also, is it something to worry about, and could I solve the problem simply by switching the two dimms in their sockets. (I have a giga-byte ga-7dxr motherboard if that is imporant and am using win98se.) Any help would be greatly appreciated.

FatBurger

Illustrious
I wouldn't worry about it. Especially in 98, which is known for having memory use problems. If it goes down by one every time you reboot, make sure you say something before you get too low :)

-----------------
Whoever thinks up a good sig for me gets a prize :wink:

G

What does that memory hole thing do?
Thanx..

:smile: Too damn hot in that kitchen!

BrainStorm

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007
I heard that some boards are using memory for onboard Video, maybe it's the problem! I heard it was happening on proprietary computers more often.

It's better to be rich and healthy than poor and sick!

TRENDING THREADS