MrAnonym

Honorable
May 3, 2012
Hi- I have many questions :)
First off Im very excited about the upcoming release of D3-I even bought a new Labtop for it as my older one was at its end after 6 years of loyal use...So i bought the same version but newer- Inspiron 17R i5 2.4ghz 8GB

First question-It was advertised as having Intel HD 3000 however looking at the system properties its only described as 'Intel(R) HD Graphics Family. So just wondering if i got burned on an outdated video card as it dosnt specify '3000'.

2nd of all I know HD3000 isnt all that great based on what Ive read so I would like to switch it out if at all possible...is it possible? I know its mounted into the motherboard yes-BUT if i seek out a real technical pro. would they be able to unmount it? and would my system be compatible with an upgrade with sufficient cooling / power??

3rd-I know intergrated borrows memory from the hard drive-is it possible to somehow borrow more memory from the system?

I've waiting literally since the announcment of production of the game (10 years) as I've been with the franchise since the first year of Diablo 1 :)

Lastley- I dont know anything about computers I was just very happy with my older last inspiron so bought this one naturally assuming a newer one would play great. Alas I read that most specs are nearly at the minimum with poor performance :(

Anyways Im not well off financially so I wouldnt have been able to afford any better-this one is refurbished as was my other one. I was just hoping it would be able to play on medium and wondering if theres any immidiate advice someone could give me aside from taking it to the PC Dr. for video card surgery lol--to make it run at most efficiency...none the less I will be very happy just to play it on lowest settings!

Thanks so much for any advice you may have and also-- if anyone feels the same way about the game as I do feel free to contact me and we can add eachother in game...I will be a full time player for at least the first month :bounce:

Solution
1 most likely not
2 Its built into the CPU and is non removeable and you could buy that laptop with a dedicated card but fitting them after market is expensive even if you can get the part
3 It uses the system memory not the hard drive and you should be able to adjust the amount in the Bios
Theres not much you can do it will play it as it plays it, it may play on medium maybe only low and maybe not at all as minimum requirements are "NVIDIA® GeForce® 7800 GT or ATI Radeon™ X1950 Pro or better"
I suspect not at all as the minimum cards are 5-6 ranks above the HD3000 according to http://www.tomshardware.co.uk/gaming-graphics-card-review,review-32416-7.html
1 most likely not
2 Its built into the CPU and is non removeable and you could buy that laptop with a dedicated card but fitting them after market is expensive even if you can get the part
3 It uses the system memory not the hard drive and you should be able to adjust the amount in the Bios
Theres not much you can do it will play it as it plays it, it may play on medium maybe only low and maybe not at all as minimum requirements are "NVIDIA® GeForce® 7800 GT or ATI Radeon™ X1950 Pro or better"
I suspect not at all as the minimum cards are 5-6 ranks above the HD3000 according to http://www.tomshardware.co.uk/gaming-graphics-card-review,review-32416-7.html

Solution

MrAnonym

Honorable
May 3, 2012
Thanks Simon12-
1. My dreams of a custom Inspiron are now vanquished lol...

2. Ill see if my wife knows anything that could help in the BIOS since shes alittle PC fluent...

as for 3...your making me worried lol...Ive seen some videos playing the beta online with my specs and the Intel HD 3000 is listed on the page as supported but on 'low performance' which im willing to accept..but i really hope your wrong lol.

I appreciate the response though thanks very much

Azok

Honorable
Apr 11, 2012

I've been trying to see how Intel HD 4000 integrated would perform, since I'll have to use it for a month, but I can't find it anywhere.

creepo

Honorable
May 16, 2012
I already played the game for more than 5 hours with this graphic card. To all those that started scaring us poor owners "UUUU D3 will not run, buy a better laptop" and stuff like that...well sorry to dissapoint you. I turn off the shadows, the rest if in HIGH and it runs perfect, no lags, no jumps and over 40 FPS...so suck it.

It works great for being an integrated card.

Drakonic

Honorable
May 16, 2012
Blizzard has a huge incentive to make its games run on the Intel HD 3000, since most young people and students have laptops with that graphics card (Dell, Apple, etc). World of Warcraft became such a great success because it ran fine on non-gamer computers, so people could get all their friends to try the game, and non-gamers became addicted gamers.