Is the "Professional Wiring" Worth it

Kermheat

Honorable
Jun 27, 2012
Simple enough, is the --Professional Wiring for All WIRING Inside The System Chassis - Minimize Cable Exposure, Maximize Airflow in Your System-- for 20$ via Cyberpower worth it?

mojorisin23

Distinguished
Jan 7, 2012
I would say no for several reasons. one, when it comes to wiring up your machine, they don't give the job to one guy if you select 'yes' or a different guy if you select 'no'. its the same dude thats gonna wire it regardless in most likely the exact same fashion.

second, most cases nowadays are designed with wires going through specific cutouts. so its hard to make it "messy".

i did not select it and everything came nicely bound and correct. couldnt imagine it any better.

i did get the packing material. figured it was like $20 insurance. didnt want to have something come loose or whatever and have to send it all back and wait.... not worth $20 so i just paid it...

Unless you have an elaborate system with multiple video cards and multiple HDDs and you don't think that you could rework some of the wiring then go ahead. It's just another way to add cost to the build so the starting price seems low enough that your getting a bargan. The more of these little extra's that you add the higher the price goes.
It's not that hard to reroute the wires and get a few wire ties to make everything look neat.
Also I'm assuming your case has a side window and your going to put the tower in a place that you can see inside the case at all times?

DomDunes

Honorable
Jul 1, 2012
I think it's pretty retarded that they charge to make your computer look neat. Give us some extra money and we'll do a good job! lol. My last PC was from ironside computers and one of the reasons I bought from them was cause the professional wire management was free which I feel like is just common sense/good customer service.