Spider pet still attainable?

Finally picked up the spider hatchling quest:

http://www.thottbot.com/?q=1244

Had a friend who said he'd do it with me when I got to that level, but
he now says it's not doable. Why? Because he says that part is not
reachable except as a raid, and you can't complete quests on raids. But
these are items that are laying around, so shouldn't it be doable since
it's just a case of collecting, not having to rely on loot drops?

--
Regards,
J.D. Spangler

Melkuth wrote:
> I did it solo a couple of months back with my rogue while getting my
Worg.

Stealthed through, I take it? Since this is with my druid... hrm, I
wonder what my chances would be of going it solo myself.

--
Regards,
J.D. Spangler

J.D. Spangler wrote:
> Finally picked up the spider hatchling quest:
>
> http://www.thottbot.com/?q=1244
>
> Had a friend who said he'd do it with me when I got to that level, but
> he now says it's not doable. Why? Because he says that part is not
> reachable except as a raid, and you can't complete quests on raids. But
> these are items that are laying around, so shouldn't it be doable since
> it's just a case of collecting, not having to rely on loot drops?

level 57-59 elite mobs in VERY tight quarters and those worgs are pretty
adept at seeing through stealth. Rogues have it easier because they can
invest in talent points to make themselves even stealthier still. Shamans
CAN stealth in, in fact me and my shaman buddy often duo some of the rare
spawn elites throughout BRD and LBRS, but I always let him go ahead because
he is much more likely to aggro stuff than I am and if it happens I want to
see it happen so we can take counter-measures. Rogues can walk around
almost risk-free from level 54 on up, but shamans will always have the
puppies and fire elementals doing that scary proximity "double-take" they do
when they detect you, but haven't aggroed you yet.

Xanex....UndeadRogueazon, why suffer, find 4 other guys also looking for
juicy drops and that spider cage is as good as yours.

"J.D. Spangler" <ayrsayle@hotmail.com> wrote in message

> Melkuth wrote:
>> I did it solo a couple of months back with my rogue while getting my
> Worg.
>>

> Stealthed through, I take it? Since this is with my druid... hrm, I
> wonder what my chances would be of going it solo myself.
>
> --
> Regards,
> J.D. Spangler

> level 57-59 elite mobs in VERY tight quarters and those worgs are
> pretty adept at seeing through stealth. Rogues have it easier
> because they can invest in talent points to make themselves even
> stealthier still.

Druids can, too. Not sure it needs to be maxed, but 2 points has made
a noticeable difference. A rogue in my guild and I stealth in and tag
team a named boss in BRD pretty regularly.

Regards,
Noal

--
Dharzhak - Night Elf Druid (60) Stormrage [PvE]

u wrote:
> level 57-59 elite mobs in VERY tight quarters and those worgs are
pretty
> adept at seeing through stealth. Rogues have it easier because they
can
> invest in talent points to make themselves even stealthier still.
Shamans
> CAN stealth in, in fact me and my shaman buddy often duo some of the
rare
> spawn elites throughout BRD and LBRS, but I always let him go ahead
because
> he is much more likely to aggro stuff than I am and if it happens I
want to
> see it happen so we can take counter-measures. Rogues can walk
around
> almost risk-free from level 54 on up, but shamans will always have
the
> puppies and fire elementals doing that scary proximity "double-take"
they do
> when they detect you, but haven't aggroed you yet.
>
> Xanex....UndeadRogueazon, why suffer, find 4 other guys also looking
for
> juicy drops and that spider cage is as good as yours.

Well, the guy naysaying this has said he'll go in with me(lvl 60
paladin) and can get a lvl 60 rogue friend to go if I really want, but
wants me to hit 60 myself first.

The funny thing is, this guy wanted to duo Mauradon back when I was in
my upper forties and we did Princess with no wipes. And now he's saying
"Can't be done".

--
Regards,
J.D. Spangler

> Well, the guy naysaying this has said he'll go in with me(lvl 60
> paladin) and can get a lvl 60 rogue friend to go if I really want, but
> wants me to hit 60 myself first.
>
> The funny thing is, this guy wanted to duo Mauradon back when I was in
> my upper forties and we did Princess with no wipes. And now he's saying
> "Can't be done".

Sounds more like he just doesn't want to do it anymore.

--
<><><><><><><><><><><><>
Apollorah, 34th level Human Paladin, Ner'zhul

On 4 May 2005 15:26:27 -0700, "J.D. Spangler" <ayrsayle@hotmail.com>
scribed into the ether:

>Finally picked up the spider hatchling quest:
>
>http://www.thottbot.com/?q=1244
>
>Had a friend who said he'd do it with me when I got to that level, but
>he now says it's not doable. Why? Because he says that part is not
>reachable except as a raid, and you can't complete quests on raids. But
>these are items that are laying around, so shouldn't it be doable since
>it's just a case of collecting, not having to rely on loot drops?

It's doable outside of a raid, especially now that the spiderlings in BRS
have been toned down a bit.

It isn't just about collecting. You have to clear the area around the
coccoons (which includes a boss), and frequently when you collect eggs, it
spawns more spiderlings to attack.

J.D. Spangler wrote:

> Melkuth wrote:
>
>>I did it solo a couple of months back with my rogue while getting my
>
> Worg.
>

> Stealthed through, I take it? Since this is with my druid... hrm, I
> wonder what my chances would be of going it solo myself.

Yes, don't forget there's equipment that improve your stealth (boots at
least).

You can time it getting the spider stuff (the little spider sacks).

With the Worgs, i just grabbed one while stealthed. When they all
agro'ed i vanished. You could always die at that point, worth it getting
a Worg pup.

If you do die remember to swing past Forgeright's tomb, it's in molten
span. He starts you on a quest to get your Shadowforge key from BRD. You
must be a ghost to get it.