Closed Solved

How can I Install new motherboard and processor?

How can I Install new motherboard and processor without making changes to hard disk and Operating System?

Planning to totally update CPU. changing from intel to AMD and DDR2 to DDR3.

Just change motherboard and processor and start computer?
5 answers Last reply Best Answer
More about install motherboard processor
  1. You can do that and it should boot just fine....However, windows will demand to be reactivated.
  2. Best answer
    You may have to reinstall the OS after doing that. Windows can sometimes freak out when you go to a different chipset that isn't similar enough to the one it has drivers for.

If you're lucky, that won't happen, Windows will boot up and you just need to install the drivers for all your motherboard devices and reactivate Windows. If Windows doesn't boot up successfully, you'll likely have to reinstall the OS.
  3. Best answer selected by lovingstaramith.
  4. Z1NONLY said:
    You can do that and it should boot just fine....However, windows will demand to be reactivated.

Thnks for your help..
  5. Supernova1138 said:
    You may have to reinstall the OS after doing that. Windows can sometimes freak out when you go to a different chipset that isn't similar enough to the one it has drivers for.

If you're lucky, that won't happen, Windows will boot up and you just need to install the drivers for all your motherboard devices and reactivate Windows. If Windows doesn't boot up successfully, you'll likely have to reinstall the OS.

that happened.. windows detected unrecoverable boot error and I reinstalled windows.. thanks for your help
Ask a new question

Read More

CPUs Processors Motherboards