Sign in with
Your question
Closed

How can I Install new motherboard and processor?

Last response: in CPUs
November 3, 2012 1:54:54 PM

How can I Install new motherboard and processor without making changes to hard disk and Operating System?

Planning to totally update CPU. changing from intel to AMD and DDR2 to DDR3.

Just change motherboard and processor and start computer?
a c 78 à CPUs
a b V Motherboard
November 3, 2012 2:09:17 PM

You can do that and it should boot just fine....However, windows will demand to be reactivated.
Score

Best solution

a c 93 à CPUs
a b V Motherboard
November 3, 2012 8:47:51 PM

You may have to reinstall the OS after doing that. Windows can sometimes freak out when you go to a different chipset that isn't similar enough to the one it has drivers for.

If you're lucky, that won't happen, Windows will boot up and you just need to install the drivers for all your motherboard devices and reactivate Windows. If Windows doesn't boot up successfully, you'll likely have to reinstall the OS.
Related resources
November 17, 2012 12:39:42 PM

Best answer selected by lovingstaramith.
Score
November 17, 2012 12:40:05 PM

Z1NONLY said:
You can do that and it should boot just fine....However, windows will demand to be reactivated.

Thnks for your help..
Score
November 17, 2012 12:40:56 PM

Supernova1138 said:
You may have to reinstall the OS after doing that. Windows can sometimes freak out when you go to a different chipset that isn't similar enough to the one it has drivers for.

If you're lucky, that won't happen, Windows will boot up and you just need to install the drivers for all your motherboard devices and reactivate Windows. If Windows doesn't boot up successfully, you'll likely have to reinstall the OS.

that happened.. windows detected unrecoverable boot error and I reinstalled windows.. thanks for your help
Score
!