Closed Solved

Need Help quickly

Hello, I am wondering if this motherboard http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/document?docname=c01701270&tmp_track_link=ot_faqs/top_issues/en_us/c01701270/loc:2&cc=us&dlc=en&lc=en&product=4320275#N50 Can support this graphics card http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814102952
I am skeptical because the motherboard supports x16 slot and the graphics card i want is 2.1 x16
10 answers Last reply Best Answer
More about need quickly
  1. PCI Express is all forwards and backwards compatible so it should "work". PCI express 2.0 has more bandwidth is the only thing. If that card is capable of saturating pci express 1.0, then you won't get maximum performance from the card. I don't know if that card is capable of saturating it though, honestly. Also, depending on what CPU you're using you might get a serious CPU bottleneck.
  2. PCI-Express is backwards compatible. It should work fine.
  3. whoareyou1982 said:
    PCI Express is all forwards and backwards compatible so it should "work". PCI express 2.0 has more bandwidth is the only thing. If that card is capable of saturating pci express 1.0, then you won't get maximum performance from the card. I don't know if that card is capable of saturating it though, honestly. Also, depending on what CPU you're using you might get a serious CPU bottleneck.



    A 6670 is no where near capable of saturating PCI-E 1.0. Version 1.0 x16 is basically version 2 at x8.
  4. Looks like it should work fine. Since that is assumedly out of an HP, I'm guessing you have about a 300W PSU, which would be plenty to run a 6670. So you have a fullsize case? What is the model of the computer?
  5. It is a p6627c also would it be better if i got a 2.0 x16
  6. anort3 said:
    A 6670 is no where near capable of saturating PCI-E 1.0. Version 1.0 x16 is basically version 2 at x8.


    Indeed. Good point. Now that I think about it my 9800 GX2 wasn't capable of saturating a 1.0 slot back in the day so no worries there.
  7. Best answer
    Most lower end or older cards will work fine in there with no issues.
  8. Best answer selected by Irisheire13.
  9. Deemo13 said:
    Looks like it should work fine. Since that is assumedly out of an HP, I'm guessing you have about a 300W PSU, which would be plenty to run a 6670. So you have a fullsize case? What is the model of the computer?


    It is a p6627c also would it be better if i got a 2.0 x16
  10. This topic has been closed by Mousemonkey
Ask a new question

Read More

Graphics Cards Support Motherboards Graphics Product