Sign in with
Your question

Going to build my first gaming rig

Last response: in Systems
June 28, 2012 2:18:12 AM

Hi everybody. I'm new to the forums and I'm after some advice. Over the next 3 months I'm going to be buying components to build my own gaming rig for the 1st time. I have already got my hands on a intel i5 2500k CPU but that is it so far. I'm looking at spending around $200-$300 on the gpu but I don't know what will be best for gaming in that price range. Do I go for 2 mid range gpus or 1 decent gpu?
I would also like recommendations for the rest as well please I.e anything that's compatible. Remember though, the reason I'm building my own out and out gaming rig is the same as everyone else who does it, to save money so I don't want any silly suggestions.
I will also be looking to overclock the system so recommendations on cooling and such would be a huge help. Like I said, I'm gonna be buying components over the next 2-3 months so hopefully we can keep this thread going until the end result. Look forward to the advice.

More about : build gaming rig

June 28, 2012 2:23:00 AM

What's the budget for the rest of your rig?

Are you going to need to buy an OS? mouse, keyboard, display, etc...?
June 28, 2012 2:31:18 AM

Not including the CPU, I'll have around the £500 (might be able to be a bit flexible) to spend on components including needing a case. I have a copy of windows 7 64 bit already and I forgot to mention in the 1st post that I will eventually wanna get a 3d monitor so I would like a graphics card/cards that is 3d friendly.
Related resources
June 28, 2012 2:57:34 AM

Greetings everyone! :hello: 
I'm thinking of to build a new gaming rig soon so,I came up with this idea
:sol: 
-Computer Case: BitFenix Shinobi (Midi Tower,Black)
-Power Supply Unit: Corsair Enthusiast Series TX650 V2 650W 80 Bronze Certified (CMPSU-650TXV2EU)
-Processor: Intel Core i5 3570K (s1155,3.4GHz,6MB)
-Thermal Paste: Arctic Silver 5 3.5gr
-Μotherboard: Gigabyte Z77MX-D3H (s1155,Z77,DDR3,HDMI)
-RAM Memory: Corsair Vengeance 8GB DDR3-1600 Kit
-Graphics Card: Palit GTX 670 (PCI Express 3.0, 2GB GDDR5)
-Hard Disk Drive: Western Digital Caviar Black WD1002FAEX 1TB HDD (64MB Cache,7200RPM,Sata III)
-Optical Drive: Samsung DVD-RW SH-222BB Sata Black
-Operating System: Microsoft Windows 7 Ultimate 64 bit
-Monitor: LG E2342T-BN LED Monitor 23''
-Keyboard & Mouse: Microsoft 800 Wireless Desktop Combo

Should I go for it? It is good? :D 
Thank you all :) 
June 28, 2012 7:37:41 PM

Im thinking of getting the case next but would need Recommendations for it, like I mentioned above, I would like to o/c the system so would like a good case on the cooling side of things. I have a budget of up to £100 on the case but the cheaper, the better
!