47 Days left, should I upgrade step-up or wait it out a bit more?

Phan7om

Distinguished
Feb 13, 2012
Ok so I have 47 days left to take advantage of EVGAs step-up program.

I purchased the GTX 580 3GB card ( http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814130655 ). Now I have the option to step up to the GTX 680 2GB card (currently only this one- http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814130768). Now, I have just recently gotten into the building computers game, however I do not know much about this card. I plan to continue to research to get a better grasp but I wanted to ask the community. Furthermore, the limited lifetime warranty I have with my current card becomes a 3 year warranty. Now I have been waiting to see if they will add a 680 (possibly with a 4gb vram) with a lifetime warranty, but as I said I only have 47 days left. Not sure if its worth it to go for this card currently. Granted I would only be paying 20 dollars difference.

Anyways, I am merely trying to get your opinions on it because I trust it a little bit better then my small tech level. Any questions just ask.

Solution
So you're saying that for 20 more dollars you can step up to a GTX 680? If that were me I'd jump on it, even if I'm trading a lifetime warranty for a three year. In three years you'll probably be upgrading the card anyway (Well, I don't know about you. I probably would be). The 680 runs cooler, uses less power and increases performance substantially. If it were me, I would be all over it. Just my 2 cents.
I'm just wondering how the program works exactly. Do you get to trade in your card for credit towards a newer card? If that is the case, and you only have to pay $20, then that is a very good idea, considering the 680 is the fastest they have right now.

whoareyou1982

Distinguished
Apr 22, 2011
So you're saying that for 20 more dollars you can step up to a GTX 680? If that were me I'd jump on it, even if I'm trading a lifetime warranty for a three year. In three years you'll probably be upgrading the card anyway (Well, I don't know about you. I probably would be). The 680 runs cooler, uses less power and increases performance substantially. If it were me, I would be all over it. Just my 2 cents.

Solution