Solved

Hdmi issue

hello i have a radeon hd 7850 and cant seem to get the hdmi cable to work. i have a ASUS VS Series VS238H-P as a monitor just getting a black screen when i use a hdmi cable... ive never used a hdmi cable on a computer before so kinda new to it. is there some setting in the catalyst control center i have to use?
7 answers Last reply Best Answer
More about hdmi issue
  1. Does connecting with a DVI cable work? Since the monitor does not have built-in speakers there is no real need to use the HDMI cable.

Do you have a spare HDMI cable somewhere or can you borrow one? Perhaps test your HDMI cable by connecting it to another PC and monitor.
  2. yes the dvi cable works just thought a hdmi cable would be better picture quality? maybe it doesn't matter on a computer. i could get another hdmi cable and try that. but if there is no need for it i wont even get one. i use headphones that's why i didn't get a monitor with speakers.
  3. gamingrig66 said:
    yes the dvi cable works just thought a hdmi cable would be better picture quality? maybe it doesn't matter on a computer. i could get another hdmi cable and try that. but if there is no need for it i wont even get one. i use headphones that's why i didn't get a monitor with speakers.

It won't have better quality just because you're using a HDMI cable as compared to a DVI. I'll use a HDMI cable for my computer monitor in 2 scenarios, if the monitor has built in speakers, or if my DVI cable/ports doesn't work. My point is, if the DVI work, just use the DVI.
  4. For PC to Monitor, there is no difference between DVI and HDMI. If your display is TV, you want to use HDMI, though. DVI doesn't carry sound signal.
  5. Best answer
    HDMI is actually fairly bandwidth limited, as it's designed around TV's which typically operate at 24Hz refresh, I know in 3d, HDMI 1.4a is limited to 24FPS/eye at 1080p, so my understanding is that would translate to a framerate cap of 48FPS (actual frames displayed). I know that DL-DVI (dual link dvi) is capable of 120FPS@1080p; but there are lots of different versions of DVI and HDMI (though the latest HDMI is 1.4a)
  6. thanks for clearing all this up guys ill just keep using my dvi cable and use my hdmi if i ever plug it into my tv. thanks :)
  7. Best answer selected by gamingrig66.
Ask a new question

Read More

Graphics Cards HDMI Cable Graphics