No post when I add a new PCI video card to my setup

duf75cj7

Honorable
May 4, 2012
I was at Microcenter today and saw a GT 430 in PCI. I looked it up real quick on my phone and it seemed like a decent cheap card. I thought cool I could put that in one of my empty pci slots.

I got home put it in the bottom slot and the system wouldn't boot. Everything powered on, but the monitor stayed blank. I moved it up a slot and the same thing. I even tried moving the monitor cord down to it...nothing. I tried it again to watch the digital readout on the board and it stops on code 0d. There is no reference to 0d in the manual or that I can find on the internet...

Did I get a bum card or am I missing something? It was the only one in the store :(

I'm running:
Biostar TA990FXE Mainboard
Athlon II x4 635
8gigs of 1600 ram
ASUS gtx 550 ti
gt210 (both PCIe 2.0)