Sign in with
Your question

No post when I add a new PCI video card to my setup

Last response: in Graphics & Displays
May 4, 2012 4:32:53 AM

I was at Microcenter today and saw a GT 430 in PCI. I looked it up real quick on my phone and it seemed like a decent cheap card. I thought cool I could put that in one of my empty pci slots.

I got home put it in the bottom slot and the system wouldn't boot. Everything powered on, but the monitor stayed blank. I moved it up a slot and the same thing. I even tried moving the monitor cord down to it...nothing. I tried it again to watch the digital readout on the board and it stops on code 0d. There is no reference to 0d in the manual or that I can find on the internet...

Did I get a bum card or am I missing something? It was the only one in the store :( 

I'm running:
Biostar TA990FXE Mainboard
Athlon II x4 635
8gigs of 1600 ram
ASUS gtx 550 ti
gt210 (both PCIe 2.0)
Powered by an OCZ 750w (continuous) power supply
a b Î Nvidia
a c 198 U Graphics card
May 4, 2012 4:39:16 AM

I've had the same problem with the same card (I'm assuming you have the Zotac one). You might want to un-install the current drivers.

Also, are you trying to run a 550Ti, GT210, and a GT430 at the same time?
m
l
May 4, 2012 4:47:35 AM

I could try that, but I think they all use the same driver. Yes I want to run the cards simultaneously. Not for video the extra cards are for number crunching... The 550 ti is the only one running my displays.
m
l
Related resources
May 4, 2012 5:21:41 AM

Just tried to uninstall the drivers and put the card in... same results same code 0d...
Did you get yours to work or did you give up on it?
m
l
a b Î Nvidia
a c 198 U Graphics card
May 4, 2012 5:36:02 AM

Mine is kind of a longer story. I was trying to use it as a Physx for my main tower, then I got a new motherboard and it wasn't needed. Then I received (for free) an old school Dell Dimension 1100, which only has PCI slots. Convenient right? I just stuck the card right in there, and got a display and it booted. When it booted into Windows though, it did not show the screen, meaning I probably have to uninstall the drivers and restart and stuff. I haven't used the computer much because I'm waiting on a new power supply and a new heatsink.
m
l
!