Need 4x6 photo scanner recommendations!

Well, my brother wants to find a scanner that will do 4x6 and 3x5 35mm print photo scanning. It would be nice to find a decent resolution so that in the event that the scanner is used for purposes other than photos, it'll give a nice scan (like maybe negatives or something). It would be nice if the scanner could either autoload photos through or quick pass them since there a quite a large number of them to do.
Any recommendations
7 answers Last reply
More about need photo scanner recommendations
  1. Try checking out [urlhttp://pcworld.com/reviews/article/0,aid,51663,00.asp]pcworld.com's top scanners for some suggestions.

<font color=blue>Your mouse moved. WINDOWS NT must restart for changes to take affect. Restart Now?[OK]</font color=blue>
  2. I've been looking and looking and I can't find a scanner that will autoload 4x6 prints . There are many that'll do negatives/positives, but none that seems able to do prints. Can anybod confirm if I'm right?
  3. The Kodak s1220 photo scanning system is about $1500 and though it won't scan negatives it does auto load about 20 to30 photos a minute. It will scan 3x3 to 8x11 or so. Scan the photos and then sell the scanner on ebay. Or check out www.nickelscan.com
  4. Quote:
    I've been looking and looking and I can't find a scanner that will autoload 4x6 prints . There are many that'll do negatives/positives, but none that seems able to do prints. Can anybod confirm if I'm right?

Epson has a scanner that is no longer on the market, but you can purchase through their site via the parts department. It's not cheap because you must also buy the apf adaptor (auto photo feeder), but I've used if for YEARS and I love it. I need to replace the apf adaptor now and that was how I discovered that they still carry the scanner. You can place a stack of 25 - 4x6 photos in at a time. Not a lot, but better than trying one at a time with a flat bed scanner.
  5. Okay, it would have helped to add the name of the scanner ;) It is the Epson Perfection 2480 Photo Scanner with the APF Adaptor.
  6. I haven't found a home scanner that does as good of a job as the scanning service I used. I have a Lexmark Prestige, it works OK, but when I got serious about my photo scanning I used GoPhoto.com, For one thing I couldn't think of a way to do negatives.

Plus I didn't really feel like spending a whole weekend going through all my albums, so if I can pay someone 30 cents a scan to take things out of my albums and deal with loose photos and negatives and then I can go through them after they're already scanned, it's well worth it to me. Especially since I only paid for the scans that I wanted, so easier than sitting on the couch all weekend deciding what to scan! Instead I sat on the couch all weekend and watched football :lol:
  7. ^ i have to agree with littlepinks, pay someone else to do it
Ask a new question

Read More

Photo Scanners Components